Diode Heat Pipe: Introduction
- Standard heat pipes transfer the heat equally in both directions; however, if the nominal condenser is hotter than the evaporator, the heat would flow in the reverse direction. A diode heat pipe is used to prevent heat flow in the reverse direction.
- Heat pipes are enhanced thermal energy transporters that utilize evaporator and condenser in place of a solid conductor. These possess an extremely effective high thermal conductivity. Diode heat pipes transfer heat from the source (evaporator) to the heat sink (condenser) over long distance via latent heat of vaporization of a working fluid.
- Rise in demand for diode heat pipes from aerospace, consumer electronics, and telecommunication industries is fuelling the market
Rising Demand from Aerospace Industry
- Based on application, the aerospace segment of the global diode heat pipe market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in use of diode heat pipes in the aerospace industry for the last few decades, as they operate in extremely harsh environments where peak performance and reliability are important to safety
- Diode heat pipes typically possess high thermal conduction in one direction and a low thermal conduction in the opposite direction. Hence, they are extensively utilized for aerospace applications where the possibility for heat sink temperatures to exceed the heat pipe evaporator temperature due to solar radiation is high. Generally, an array of diode heat pipes are combined together to dissipate heat to several alternative heat sinks. Therefore, heat sink facilities are constantly maintained.
- Diode heat pipes are an essential component of spacecraft cooling and temperature stabilization, owing to their low weight penalty, zero maintenance, and high reliability
- Rise in adoption of diode heat pipes for satellite applications to offer maintenance-free thermal management solutions and to maintain optimal operating temperatures for onboard electronics is further propelling the market. These pipes reliably move and radiate heat to ensure long life of satellite systems.
North America to Lead Global Diode Heat Pipe Market
- In terms of region, the global diode heat pipe market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The diode heat pipe market in North America is expected expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in demand for diode heat pipes from the aerospace industry in the region
- The aerospace industry in countries in North American is consistently engaged in the development of advanced thermal management products, which in turn is expected to further fuel the demand for diode heat pipes during the forecast period
- Presence of well-established and prominent players operating in the diode heat pipe market in the region, such as Advanced Cooling Technologies, Inc. (ACT), Noren Thermal Inc., Boyd Corporation, and Avnet, Inc., has significantly propelled the market owing to their large customer base across the region
- Rapid industrialization, growing space activities, and expanding process manufacturing activities have also fueled the diode heat pipe market
- The diode heat pipe market in Asia Pacific and Europe is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to a rise in the demand for diode heat pipes from China, India, Japan, and a few countries in Western Europe. The diode heat pipe market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is anticipated to expand at moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Diode Heat Pipe Market
The global diode heat pipe market was highly fragmented in 2020. Key players operating in the global diode heat pipe market are consistently focused on the development of technological advanced products. Several companies are taking strategic initiatives, such as mergers and acquisitions, which help development of innovative products and boost revenue in order to expand their business and global presence.
Key players operating in the global diode heat pipe market are:
- Advanced Cooling Technologies, Inc. (ACT)
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- Noren Thermal Inc.
- Fujikura Ltd.
- Boyd Corporation
- Wakefield Thermal, Inc.
- Innergy Tech Inc.
- Avnet, Inc.
Global Diode Heat Pipe Market: Research Scope
Global Diode Heat Pipe Market, by Type
- Liquid Trap Diode
- Vapor Trap Diode
Global Diode Heat Pipe Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Process Industry
Global Diode Heat Pipe Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!