Global Diffuse-mode Sensors Market: Snapshot
Popularly known as proximity mode sensor, diffuse-mode sensors are used in variety of sensor applications, including in contrast sensors, color sensors, and luminescence sensors. They are most effective when the proximity sensor can be mounted just on one side of the target. In contrast to retroreflective-mode sensors, they score high on the ease of use and convenience. One of the key factors shaping the performance of diffuse-mode sensors market is surface reflectivity of the target object. This is particularly significant since diffuse-mode sensors are characteristic to be effective only in small ranges. This means that they need to put close to the target—typically within a meter of the range. Another limitation is it is not good at detecting curved shiny objects, reason having to do with the fact that light rays are routed back to the sensor. Furthermore, if the sensor lens gets colluded with dirt, diffuse-mode sensors may give wrong results.
Some of the applications where diffuse-mode sensors are popularly used is the automation industry. Rapid inroads made by the automation technology in industrial environments is boosting the market. The reason underpinning the popularity is their accuracy. Another key proposition is their versatility, since they are adaptable to range of applications.
Diffuse-mode Sensors: Introduction
- In the diffuse sensing mode, the transmitter and the receiver are placed in the same housing
- Light from the transmitter strikes the object, which reflects the light at arbitrary angles. Then, a certain amount of light reflects, which is received by the receiver and thus, the target is detected.
- Diffuse-mode sensors are employed to detect presence or movement of an object within a defined sensing area or zone and changes in the target’s color, contrast, and luminescence. It is also employed to locate the position of an automated storage and retrieval system.
- Moreover, these sensors can help in counting the number of bottles moving on a high-speed conveyor and in other applications that involve detection. Based on switching mode type, diffuse-mode sensors can be categorized into light ON and dark ON.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Key Drivers of Global Diffuse-mode Sensors Market
- The global diffuse-mode sensors market is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for use of these sensors in level measuring for industrial goods. This is expected to be a key factor driving the global Diffuse-mode sensors market during the forecast period.
- Diffuse-mode sensors can detect a wide variety of substances including waste water, sludge, mud, liquid chemicals, fertilizers, crushed rock, gravel, sand, etc.
- Moreover, these are used to control the food and beverage tank level, as they can detect the amount of a food or beverage in a tank. This factor is expected to fuel the global diffuse-mode sensors market during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global diffuse-mode sensors market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to the increasing demand for diffuse-mode sensors in different regions.
Object Detection Applications to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Diffuse-mode sensors is an ideal choice for use in the detection of various mobile equipment. These sensors also allow garbage trucks to automatically detect trash containers. These can also gauge the distance of a vehicle to a pallet as well as fork insertion depth and other dimension parameters.
- Manufacturers are offering diffuse-mode sensors with various features such as a sensitivity adjuster, insensitivity to ambient light, switching status, power beam, and alignment capability over the entire operating range. Furthermore, usage of diffuse-mode sensors in various object detection applications is expected to increase in the next few years.
- Moreover, diffuse-mode sensors are unaffected by dust plumes and they are also immune to ambient acoustic noise. Hence, they are largely used in scrap recycling to detect target objects regardless of their color, size, and shape. These factors are expected to augment the demand for diffuse-mode sensors during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Limited Accuracy of Diffuse-mode Sensors
- Diffuse-mode sensors offer limited accuracy when used in position detecting as compared to thru-beam. This factor is expected to limit the usage of diffuse-mode sensors in the near future.
- However, new and emerging applications of diffuse-mode sensors are expected to fuel the global diffuse-mode sensors market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Diffuse-mode Sensors Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of diffuse-mode sensors, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for a major share of the market for diffuse-mode sensors in the region. Increase in the demand for diffuse-mode sensors in Asia Pacific can be attributed to constantly increasing industrialization in the region.
- Furthermore, rise in investments in the production of various electronic components and automotive parts, and in scrape recycling in developing countries of Asia Pacific is expected to augment the demand for diffuse-mode sensors in the region during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global diffuse-mode sensors market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–35% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global diffuse-mode sensors market are:
- Balluff GmbH
- Ifm electronic
- Hans Turck GmbH & Co. KG
- Baumer Holding AG
- SensoPart Industriesensorik GmbH
- di-soric GmbH & Co. KG
- SICK AG
- Banner Engineering Corp.
Global Diffuse-mode sensors Market: Research Scope
Global Diffuse-mode Sensors Market, by Type
- Light ON
- Dark ON
Global Diffuse-mode Sensors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.