Current Sense Resistor: Introduction
- A current sense resistor is a device that detects and converts current to an easily measured output voltage, which is proportional to the current through the measured path
- Current sense resistor is similar to a normal resistor but it offers lower resistance rating and high-power rating
- Current sense resistors are cost-effective components that help improve system efficiency and reduce losses due to their high measurement accuracy compared to other technologies
- Current sense resistors are used for protection, control, and monitoring to keep circuits safe during operation in power and instrumentation systems
- Current sense resistors are available in three packaging types that include through-hole, SMD solder, and bolt-on chassis
- Current sense resistors are used in various end-use industries such as automotive, consumer electronics, military, telecommunication, and other industries
Growing Demand for Current Sense Resistors in Consumer Electronics Field
- Current sense resistors are largely used in the consumer electronics field, as they are significantly used in smartphones, computers, and other electronic applications
- Demand for current sense resistors has increased in the consumer electronics field, as they improve system efficiency and reduce losses due to their high measurement accuracy compared to other technologies
- Current sense resistors are significantly used in smartphones and computer applications as they are cost effective and offer accurate measurement of current, which plays an important role in consumer electronic devices
- Furthermore, majority of consumer electronic devices are battery powered. A battery management system continuously monitors the current flow through the electrical circuit, and current sense resistors protect electric circuit from overcurrent flow and overvoltage protection during charging
- Demand for current sense resistors in the scientific research field is growing as a result of these factors, which is expected to drive the global current sense resistor market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead the Current Sense Resistor Market
- In terms of region, the global current sense resistor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global current sense resistor market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of current sense resistors operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in current sense resistors, which is expected to boost the current sense resistor market in the region during the forecast period
- The current sense resistor market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Current Sense Resistor Market
The global current sense resistor market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for current sense resistors. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global current sense resistor market are:
- Bourns, Inc.
- Caddock Electronics, Inc.
- Cyntec Co., Ltd.
- KOA Speer
- Ohmite Mfg Co
- Panasonic Corporation
- ROHM CO., LTD.
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics
- Susumu International
- TT Electronics
- Viking Tech Corporation
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
- Walter Electronic Co. Ltd.
- YAGEO Corp.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Current Sense Resistor Market, Request for a Sample
Global Current Sense Resistor Market: Research Scope
Global Current Sense Resistor Market, by Type
- Thick Film
- Thin Film
- Metal Plate
Global Current Sense Resistor Market, by Packaging
- SMD Solder
- Bolt-on Chassis
Global Current Sense Resistor Market, by Vertical
- Consumer Electronics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.