Cranial Doppler Market: Introduction
- Cranial Doppler is a relatively inexpensive, noninvasive real-time measurement of blood flow characteristics, which detect cerebrovascular hemodynamics within the basal arteries of the brain. Cranial Doppler is the most convenient way to monitor vascular changes in response to interventions during acute cerebrovascular events. The convenience of this tool as a diagnostic modality and its clinical and research applications will continue to increase in several disorders of the cerebral vessel.
- Cranial Doppler uses sound waves to produce pictures of the brain and the cerebrospinal fluid. It is most commonly performed on infants, whose skulls have not been completely formed. Cranial Doppler evaluates both, the direction and velocity of the blood flow in major cerebral arteries of the brain. This type of ultrasound exam is also carried out during surgical procedures to monitor blood flow in the brain.
- The global cranial Doppler market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The growth of this market is expected to be driven by increase in prevalence of cerebrovascular hemodynamics, growing head injury surgeries, rising ultrasound testing of brain injury using cranial Doppler by physicians, low price of diagnosis, and increase in awareness about complications of brain injury or surgery.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Cranial Doppler Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Cranial Doppler Market
- The global cranial Doppler market is expected to be driven by rising prevalence of cerebral embolism and neurological disorders, growing geriatric population leading to increasing cerebrovascular disease (CVD), which is associated with age, and increasing applications of cranial Doppler in different head injury surgeries
- Increase in the number of patients suffering from neurodegenerative disorders such as Cerebral hypoperfusion and hypertension disease, rise in awareness about neuronal brain injury, surge in health care expenditure, average cost of diagnosis using cranial Doppler, and government support for R&D activities are also likely to fuel the growth of the global cranial Doppler market during the forecast period
- According to the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, 2017, cerebral embolism accounts for up to 70% of all ischemic strokes, and cerebral microemboli can be diagnosed by employing the non-imaging cranial Doppler technique with high-intensity transient signals
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Cranial Doppler Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global cranial Doppler market during the forecast period. Factors, such as rise in geriatric patient population suffering from cerebral vessel embolization, vasospasm monitoring in subarachnoid hemorrhage, detection of intra-cranial stenosis, acute stroke, etc., increasing prevalence of different neurological disease, and awareness among people are expected to drive the growth of the cranial Doppler market in the region.
- Favorable reimbursement policies for imaging techniques and expansion in the number of clinics for diagnosis of intracranial steno occlusive and other brain related disease using cranial Doppler present significant opportunities for players operating in the cranial Doppler market in North America
- Increase in the number of visits of patients with brain related diseases or disorders and focus of new players on partnerships with laboratories are anticipated to propel the market growth in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cranial Doppler Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global cranial Doppler market are:
- Integra Lifesciences
- Spiegeberg GmbH &Co.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Elekta, Rimed Ltd.
- CAS Medical system, Inc.
- Atys Medical
Global Cranial Doppler Market: Research Scope
Global Cranial Doppler Market, by Type
Global Cranial Doppler Market, by Application
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Intracranial Steno Occlusive Disease
Global Cranial Doppler Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Units
Global Cranial Doppler Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.