Global Commercial Printing Paper Market: An Overview
The rise in consumer inclination, in the recent past, towards the use of sustainable paper has enhanced the growth of the printing paper market, owing to growing environmental concerns across the globe. Commercial printing paper has been consumed regularly for a continuous period. Established market players of commercial printing paper are anticipating competition from new entrants, and looking to capture more market share due to the rising demand and needs of the end users. With the increasing number of schools, colleges, offices, and legal practitioners around the world, the market for commercial printing paper has experienced continuous growth, with the presence of small- and medium-sized market players. Commercial printing paper is of various types, such as coated paper, gloss paper, satin paper, matte paper, dual fine coated paper, uncoated paper, etc., and are used as per requirement. Various sizes are also available for commercial printing paper - A2, A3, A4, A5, and others, according to demand. For business purposes, commercially printed paper such as leaflets and brochures are used. Commercial printer types are offset lithography, digital, flexography, and LED UV printers in various industries. The global market for commercial printing paper is increasing continuously, and the industry is growing at a good pace.
Global Commercial Printing Paper Market: Dynamics
Commercial printing paper is mostly used for printing books, newspapers, magazines, posters, and stationery products. Commercial printing paper is also used by legal practitioners such as lawyers, doctors, architects, bankers, and others for documentation. The increasing demand for legal paper documentation by governments has also triggered the need for commercial printing paper. On the other hand, the introduction of e-governance, e-newspapers, and other digital services is expected to affect the growth of the worldwide market for commercial printing paper. The rising demand for commercial printing paper from printing presses is continuously growing due to the requirement of circulars, pamphlets, books, magazines, and newspapers. The rising number of printing presses in different regions has also increased the demand for commercial printing paper. With easily accessible and affordable printing techniques, the cost of printing has reduced, and it has become affordable and less time-consuming. Technological developments in printing processes have also resulted in fast and quality printing. Moreover, this has resulted in the consumption of more commercial printing paper. The industry has good quality and advanced printers that also require good quality printing paper for attractive packaging that can grab the attention of buyers, and, in turn, increase the demand for commercial printing paper even more.
Global Commercial Printing Paper Market: Segmentation
The global commercial printing paper market is segmented as follows -
By paper type, the global commercial printing paper market is segmented into –
Based on print technology used, the global commercial printing paper market is segmented into –
- Lithographic / Offset Printing
- Digital Printing
- Flexographic Printing
- Screen Printing
- Gravure Printing
By distribution type, the global commercial printing paper market is segmented into –
- Retail Stores
- Convenience Stores
By application, the global commercial printing paper market is segmented into –
- Office Stationery
- Brochures and Catalogs
- Labels and Wrappers
- Magazines and Periodicals
- Other Applications (Letters, Directories, etc.)
Global Commercial Printing Paper Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is expected to experience the highest demand for commercial printing paper. Multinational players in the printing paper market are the top investors in the Asia Pacific market. The development of key industries in Asia Pacific has raised the demand for documentation, paperwork, labeling, packaging, and other hard copy materials. The need for commercial printing paper has increased due to advanced technological changes in sectors such as information technology (IT), healthcare, and advertising. Modern advertising strategies also increase the demand for commercial printing paper, with an increase in the production of brochures, leaflets, pamphlets, and hoardings.
Recent Developments in the Global Commercial Printing Paper Market
- In October 2018, Lindsay Goldberg (U.S.A) acquired the specialty paper business of paper manufacturer Glatfelter (York, Pennsylvania, United States).
- In April 2017, paper giant BJ Ball Paper Group (New Zealand, Australia) combined with K.W. Doggett Fine Paper (Cleveland, Strathfield South, Australia) to become the most diversified paper, packaging, and print media distributer across Australia and New Zealand.
- In June 2016, Weyerhaeuser Company (Washington, United States) agreed to sell its liquid packaging unit to Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd (Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan).
Global Commercial Printing Paper Market: Key players
Some of the leading players operating in the global commercial printing paper market are as follows –
- International Paper Company
- Clearwater Paper Corporation
- White Birch Paper Company
- Antalis SA
- Guangzhou Xinyi Printing Co. Ltd
- Mondi Group
- Boise Paper, Inc.
- Papico Limited
- BJ Ball Papers group
- American Eagle Paper Mills
The commercial printing paper market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The commercial printing paper market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia
- A detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the global commercial printing paper market
- Historical, current, and projected size of the global commercial printing paper market, regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in the global commercial printing paper market
- Strategies for key players operating in the market and products offered by them
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on the performance of the global commercial printing paper market
- Must-have information for global commercial printing paper market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint