Broadcasting Transmitter: Introduction
- Broadcasting transmitters or radio transmitters are the electronic device which generates an electromagnetic signal such as in radio and television broadcasting, two way communications or radar, when connected to an antenna. In heating devices, such as a microwave oven that are almost of similar design, they are not usually called transmitters. In these products, the electromagnetic energy is used within rather than transmitting it to another location.
- In terms of application, FM radio transmitters are expected to dominate the broadcasting transmitter market over the next few years. This can be attributed to the increase in radio advertising by various end-use industries such as FMCG, BFSI, and media & entertainment, among others.
- Among regions, Asia Pacific and North America are expected to dominate the overall broadcasting transmitter market owing to the increasing number of smartphone users and growing internet penetration in the regions. Furthermore, technological advancement and digitization of radio stations are further positively impacting the market growth in other regions such as Europe and South America.
Key Drivers and Restraints of the Global Broadcasting Transmitter Market
- The global broadcasting transmitter market is driven by the growing broadcasting industry. Furthermore, the extensive use of broadcasting transmitters in communication devices, mobile electronics, walkie-talkies, and navigational beacons, among others is further expected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period.
- Besides, the launch of new radio stations is expected to positively impact the market growth. Ongoing technological advancements coupled with new product launches by major vendors operating in the market is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the growth of the broadcasting transmitter market over the forecast period.
- Increasing digital transformation initiatives across radio stations worldwide to enable faster and smoother working is also anticipated to create massive demand for broadcasting transmitters during the forecast period. However, on the other hand, the high initial cost may restrain the progress of the broadcasting transmitter market.
Consumer Electronics Segment to Offer Growth Opportunities
- Based on type, the global broadcasting transmitter market can be categorized into analog and digital transmitters. The application segment is categorized into FM radio transmitter and television transmitter.
- In terms of end-user, the consumer electronics segment is estimated to be a highly lucrative segment. Electronics plays a major role in broadcasting transmitters, due to various new applications and software being developed to communicate through broadcast transmission.
- New walkie-talkies and other broadcast communication devices used by military and defense industries for communication with troops and armed forces is also expected to drive the broadcasting transmitter market in military and defense sectors.
North America to Lead the Global Broadcasting Transmitter Market
- The global broadcasting transmitter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for broadcasting transmitters due to the presence of several key market players.
- Substantial investment in research and development by various end-user segments in the region are anticipated to drive the global broadcasting transmitter market in North America
- The broadcasting transmitter market is relatively concentrated and manufacturers are mostly based in the US and Europe. Among them, the output value of Europe accounted for more than approximately half of the total output value of global broadcasting transmitters in 2018. Harris is one of the world leading manufacturers in the global broadcasting transmitter market with a share of about 10%, in terms of revenue.
Key Players Operating in the Global Broadcasting Transmitter Market
Key players operating in the global broadcasting transmitter market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Broadcast Electronics
- Charles River Laboratories, Inc.
- Covance, Inc.
- Rohde & Schwarz
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Global Broadcasting Transmitter Market: Research Scope
Global Broadcasting Transmitter Market, by Type
Global Broadcasting Transmitter Market, by Application
- FM Radio Transmitter
- Television Transmitter
Global Broadcasting Transmitter Market, by End-user
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
Global Broadcasting Transmitter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.