Baking Cups: Overview
Cups have been preferred for many purposes that includes on the go food & bakery items and many more, one of such kind is baking cups. Baking cups have emerged as perfect solution for home-made muffins to customized cupcakes. Rapid urbanization coupled with increased per capita disposable income has insulted in growth of consumption of sweetened bakery products. Also baking cups preserve moistness and texture of the cupcake or muffins. Compared to its alternatives, baking cups provides easy cleaning solutions & smooth finishes that avoids mess that results from sticky batter and unlined pans. Baking cups provide a protective layer that helps in preventing spread of germs during transfer from oven. Glassine paper baking cups are air and water resistant which provide an easy release. Thus, baking cups are expected to witness substantial demand, during the next ten years.
Rise in sweetened bakery products to drive the baking cups market
Growing urbanization & developing taste are major factors in driving the baking cups market globally. In addition to this, increasing global disposable income level in most of the emerging economies is enhancing the market of baking cups. With changing lifestyle & preference towards on the go foods are contributing in escalating the baking cups market in the past few years. Moreover, rising concern for eco-friendly products such as BPA–free baking cups are considered as preferable choice for many manufactures as well as consumers. Nowadays, growing demand for portion snack products among consumers is lifting the baking cups market. Conventional cups consist of an inner-layer of thin plastic, which, if not FDA-approved, is unsafe for microwavable foods. This creates the need for baking cups which ensure food quality.
However, rising health issues among millennials like diabetes and obesity due to increased consumption of sugary delights can affect the baking cups market. Also, fluctuation in silicon & aluminum prices can hamper the growth of baking cups market.
Baking Cups Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, baking cups market can be segmented as:
- White Paper Baking Cups
- Glassine Baking Cups
- Foil Baking Cups
- Solid Board Baking Cups
- Specialty/Decorative Baking Cups
On the basis of material, baking cups market can be segmented as:
- Brown Parchment Paper
- Glassine Paper
On the basis of baking cup size, baking cups market can be segmented as:
Europe is estimated to register high sales in the global baking cups market owing to developed baking industry in the region
Geographically, global baking cups market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa (MEA) regions & Asia-Pacific region. Talking of developed regions, Europe is anticipated to register an impressive growth in baking cups market due to well established baking industry in the region, which is also supported by the growing muffin & English cakes market in the countries such as Germany, France etc.
Whereas in developing countries such as China, India and other ASEAN countries also have positive outlook for baking cups market.
Baking Cups Market: Key Players
Some of the manufacturers in the baking cups market are as follows:
- Reynolds Consumer Products
- Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
- Rockline Industries
- Kitchen Warehouse
- Paterson Pacific Parchment Company
Several unrecognized and local players are expected to contribute to the global baking cups market during the forecast period.
Eco-Friendly Baking Cups are the latest trend in the Market
- Reynolds Consumer Products had introduced baking paper cups in various style such as sturdy foil liners to fashion inspired prints. These baking cups are eco-friendly as well.
- Inter IKEA Systems B.V. offers baking cups that are dishwasher safe and can withstand temperature up to 250°
- OXO Company offers baking cups with handy tabs which helps to remove muffin without thumbprint. These cups are also BPA-free which makes it environment friendly.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.