Automatic Carton Erector: Introduction
- An automatic carton erector is easy-to-operate equipment that is used to form carton boxes from carton boards with very little human intervention. This erector helps automate the entire process of packaging including folding flaps, also increasing efficiency and the productivity of work; proper weight distribution; and handle large cases. An automatic carton erector is also utilized with other equipment such as case sealers and tray former to speed up the packaging process.
- Automatic carton erectors are easy to adjust for different size cartons, and they are in high demand for auto packaging lines with minimal human involvement. They provides uniformity in squaring boxes, which protects the products against damage during shipment, thereby delivering higher quality.
- Increasing labor cost, repetitive strain, and inventory damage due to poor product packaging are expected to drive the global automated carton erector market during the forecast period
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Automatic Carton Erector Market
- The automatic carton erector is available in different layouts, models, and it helps convert case blanks into fully erected bottom sealed cases without the involvement of an operator. Increasing demand for packaged products and automated equipment for the last few years is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Automated equipment provides significant benefits to manufacturers, such as an increase in productivity, improved working conditions, reduction in the possibility of injuries and inventory, provides quality of work, and requires less manpower, thus reducing work pressure for workers
- A fully automated carton erector requires significant investment and maintenance. Moreover, jobs and workers from developing countries and under developing countries who depend on manufacturing sites for their survival would be at a risk at losing their work or employment. Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic has affected all businesses around the world owing to lockdowns, manufacturing work stoppages, shortage of raw materials, and gaps in demand and supply. All these factors are likely to restrain the market.
- Manufacturers are focusing on technology through research & development to make cost-effective equipment. Apart from innovation, manufacturers are also entering new geographies and increasing their consumer base through mergers and acquisitions such as the acquisition of Peterson packaging by VPK & acquisition of Packaging Corporation by WestRock Company, a leading packaging solution provider.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Automatic Carton Erector Market
- The global automatic carton erector market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global automated carton erector market due to an increase in construction activities and industrialization in the region. China and India are expected to be major countries contributing to the expansion of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Automatic Carton Erector Market
- Combi Packaging Systems, LLC
- Jacob White Packaging Ltd.
- Linkx Systems Ltd
- Premier Tech
- Smurfit Kappa
- VPK Peterson
- Wayne Automation Corporation
- WestRock Company
Global Automatic Carton Erector Market: Research Scope
Global Automatic Carton Erector Market, by Case
- Up to 10 case per minute
- 10 to 20 case per minute
- Above 20 case per minute
Global Automatic Carton Erector Market, by Price
- Up to US$ 5000
- US$ 5000 to US$ 10,000
- Above US$ 10,000
Global Automatic Carton Erector Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
Global Automatic Carton Erector Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!