Global Anti-adhesive Hydro Floatation Agents Market: Overview
- Adhesions are defined as abnormal attachments between tissues and organs. The major strategies for adhesion prevention in surgery aim at optimization of surgical technique and use of adhesion-prevention agents.
- Surgical techniques such as laparoscopic surgery and microsurgery reduce the risk of adhesion formation, but do not eliminate it entirely. Once adhesions are surgically removed, these often reform. Agents such as anti-adhesive hydro floatation act as a barrier in the form of liquid or gel agents, which is helpful to reduce the side effects of surgery.
- With the barrier technique, traumatized peritoneal surfaces are kept separated during mesothelial regeneration, thereby preventing adherence of adjacent organs and tissues and reducing the development of adhesions.
Key Drivers and Restrains of Global Anti-adhesive Hydro Floatation Agents Market
- Majority of acquired adhesions are post-surgical. Factors associated with the formation of post-surgical adhesions include tissue trauma, infection, ischemia, reaction to foreign bodies (sutures, powder from gloves, gauze particles etc.), and hemorrhage. Moreover, the number of general and gynecological surgeries has increased across the globe. This drives demand for anti-adhesive hydro floatation agents.
- However, the instillation of hydro floatation agents in fluid form in the peritoneal cavity could be associated with some undesirable side effects such as leakage from the incision, labial oedema, feeling of fluid moving around, abdominal discomfort, abdominal distension, and complications such as pulmonary and peripheral oedema. These side effects are expected to restrain the use of anti-adhesive hydro floatation agents during the forecast period.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Anti-adhesive Hydro Floatation Agents Market
- In terms of region, the global anti-adhesive hydro floatation agents market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. The region is anticipated to account for significant share of the global market due to high awareness among surgeons about the use of anti-adhesive hydro floatation agents in the health care sector.
- The market in Asia Pacific is driven by sustainable growth trends across all the clinical fields in countries in the region and consequent increase in number of minimally invasive procedures. Moreover, increase in number of hospital facilities with hybrid operating rooms, which also boost the number of surgeries, drives the demand for anti-adhesive hydro floatation agents.
Key Players Operating in Global Anti-adhesive Hydro Floatation Agents Market
Major players operating in the global anti-adhesive hydro floatation agents market are:
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Normedi Nordic
- Fresenius Kabi
- Pharmacosmos A/S
- Other Prominent Players
Global Anti-adhesive Hydro Floatation Agents Market: Research Scope
Global Anti-adhesive Hydro Floatation Agents Market, by Agents
- Hyperosmotic solution
Global Anti-adhesive Hydro Floatation Agents Market, by Application
- Gynecological Surgery
- Open Abdominal Surgery
- Peripheral Nerve and Articular Surgeries
Global Anti-adhesive Hydro Floatation Agents Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.