Anti-Mist Films Market: An Overview
In packaging, when the surface of the packaging film falls, water droplets condense to form fog or mist. This mist reduces the shelf life and quality of the packaged food. This phenomenon is more prominent in the products which have high moisture content and are packed in plastic packaging. Manufacturers are eyeing packaging solutions to keep their products fresher for a longer time. Anti-mist films are used to protect the packaged food from the fog and enhance its shelf life. Anti-mist films are glossy, wrinkle-free and offer high printability. Due to their very less thickness, they are considered apt for food packaging. Multiple varieties of anti-mist films are manufactured which are apt for various food products. Also, the packaging films can be treated with anti-fogging additives to create the anti-mist phenomenon, and these are compliant with the regulations of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Anti-Mist Films Market: Dynamics
According to Cosmo Films, more than 40% of the plastic packaged food gets spoiled because of mist formation before it reaches the end user. This has made the manufacturers incline towards using anti-mist films for packaging. Also, increasing consumer's preference for transparent lidding films is another major driving force for the global anti-mist films market. Also, using anti-mist films keeps the food fresher for a longer time which is anticipated to attribute to the growth of global anti-mist films market. The high barrier lamination and ease in printability on the packaged product enhance the aesthetic appeal and aids in grabbing consumer attention. The high growth in the food-service market and extensive use of anti-mist films for packaging is expected to drive the global market and hence create enormous opportunities for anti-mist films market during the forecast period.
Key players operating in the anti-mist films market are enhancing their product portfolio to cater to a broader range of applications. For instance,
- In the year 2017, Cosmo Films, India based manufacturer of specialty BOPP films, has innovated their current anti-mist films to make them suitable for packaging of unpolished fruits in trays on high-speed HFFS machines.
- In the year 2016, Toray Plastics (America), Inc. has developed LumiLid® XL7AF, a variant of the anti-mist film which is used as a lidding film. The company claims that these anti-mist films are ideal for packaging of refrigerated as well as microwaved food products.
Anti-Mist Films Market: Segmentation
Globally, the anti-mist films market has been segmented on the basis of material, thickness, and end-use industries.
On the basis of material, the global anti-mist films market has been segmented as follows-
- Polyester (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
On the basis of thickness, the global anti-mist films market has been segmented as follows-
- Less than 15 micron
- 15-25 micron
- 25-40 micron
- 40 micron and above
On the basis of end use, the global anti-mist films market has been segmented as follows-
- Meat, Poultry & Seafood
- Fresh Produce
- Ready-to-eat meals
Anti-Mist Films Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global anti-mist films market has been divided into seven key regions, namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (MEA), Asia Pacific excl. Japan (APEJ), and Japan. The APEJ region is expected to witness a significant growth of anti-mist films market during the forecast period. This growth of anti-mist films market can be attributed to the increased consumption of packaged food. The North America market is expected to dominate during the forecast period followed by Western Europe in terms of sales of anti-mist films. The regions such as Eastern Europe and ME&A are expected to witness a positive outlook during the forecast period.
Anti-Mist Films Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global anti-mist films market are Cosmo Films Ltd., Mitsui Chemicals Group, Celanese Corporation, WeeTect. Inc., Toray Plastics (America) Inc., Wipak Oy, Bemis Company, Inc., Sealed Air Corporation, KM Packaging, Clifton Packaging Group Limited among others. Many local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the global anti-mist films market during the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.