Ammonium Ion-Selective Electrode (ISE): Introduction
- Ion-selective electrode are similar in use to PH electrodes. It is an electrochemical ion sensor which converts the activity of target ion to electrical potential as measurable sensors. The ion-selective electrodes are used for chloride, potassium, calcium, carbon dioxide, oxygen, and a variety of other ions.
- Ammonium ion-selective electrode is used for measuring the concentration of ammonium in aqueous samples. It indicates the aqueous ammonia level if the solutions are acidified to convert NH3 to NH4+.
- The ammonium ion-selective electrode has the combination style, non-refillable gel filled electrode. The membranes of ion-selective electrode have limited life expectancy unlike any other PVC ISE membrane. However, the replaceable module of ISE helps to discard the old membrane and replace it with a new one.
- Ammonium ion-selective electrode is ideal for a variety of applications including water, wastewater, agricultural, and wine applications.
Increasing usage of ammonium ion-selective electrode in wastewater treatment
- The measurement of ammonia is critical in applications such as wastewater treatment, where treatment plants are required to provide the laboratory measurement of ammonia concentration.
- In dirty samples such as wastewater, the membrane has shorter life and may require it to be changed. Increasing demand across the globe for this application is fueling the growth of the ammonium ion-selective electrode market.
Advantages of ammonium ion-selective electrode fueling market growth
- Ammonium ion-selective electrodes have various advantages such as cost effectiveness, user friendly features, and miniaturization ability, which offers easy portability. These features have gained attention in the scientific community.
- Ammonia is a crucial parameter with respect to environmental and biomedical applications. For instance, ammonium is considered as the quality indicator for natural waters and a biomarker of enzymatic byproducts. The above features is increasing the usage of ammonium ion-selective electrode in these applications.
- However, stringent regulatory policies and guidelines laid down by regulatory bodies may hamper the market growth.
Maximum Growth of the Market to be observed in Asia Pacific
- In terms of region, the global ammonium ion-selective electrode (ISE) market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The ammonium ion-selective electrode (ISE) market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to a wide range of applications, growing demand from home and ambulatory healthcare, and increasing demand for innovative products across the globe. These factors are expected to increase the demand for ammonium ion-selective electrode (ISE) products.
- The ammonium ion-selective electrode (ISE) market in North America and Europe is likely to show stagnant growth rate, whereas the market in Middle East & Africa is expected to show uniform growth
Key Players in the Global Market
The global ammonium ion-selective electrode (ISE) market was highly fragmented. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand.
Key players operating in the global ammonium ion-selective electrode (ISE) market include:
- Bante Instruments
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Compumedics Limited
- CONMED Corporation
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- Natus Medical Incorporated
Global Ammonium Ion-Selective Electrode (ISE) Market: Research Scope
Global Ammonium Ion-Selective Electrode (ISE) Market, by Type
- Liquid Membrane
- PVC Membrane
Global Ammonium Ion-Selective Electrode (ISE) Market, by Applications
Global Ammonium Ion-Selective Electrode (ISE) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!