3D Laser Profiler: Introduction
- Profilers are measurement devices which are used to measure the surface linearity, component dimensions for any defects or perform quality checks on the objects before the object under consideration reaches into the market. They are also used for inline metrology, part inspection, and part identification
- In order to improve the degree to which a surface can be measured without having to physically touch the profile being measured, laser profilers were introduced. With the help of 3D laser profilers, the products are scanned in three dimensions thereby displaying form and texture over a large area.
- Over the past few years, fast and accurate laser profilers have been developed and introduced in the market. Laser profilers use a laser displacement sensor that measures surface topography down to the sub-micrometer level over an area. The Profilers digitize surfaces for mold texturing, conduct in-tray inspections, and provide information for any application that requires accurate large area surface profiling.
- Further, they use precision linear motors to help measure a surface area at a rate of one meter per second. While conducting the scan, the device also collects the sample data at a rate of a micrometer per sample. The majority of today’s laser profilers are tied into a desktop computer running the Windows operating system.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights, Request for a Brochure
Rise in popularity of non-contact measuring technologies
- Over the past few years, the popularity of non-contact measuring technologies has been rising owing to its advantages such as high accuracy in the inspection and as well as identification of the products
- Laser profilers perform contrasts independent inspection of parts to measure height, verify volume, determine presence/absence, and identify surface defects. Laser profilers are increasingly being used by the manufacturing as well as construction industry for the carrying out non-contact measurement of the surface dimensions for any non-uniformities as well as defects
- Furthermore, they are preferred for applications where maximum precision of the components are required such as precision mechanics, electronics, medicine, automobiles, and among others. This factor is anticipated to have a positive impact on the growth of Laser profiler market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Introduction of New products in the market to offer Lucrative Opportunities
- 3D laser profiler have been gaining popularity for the inspection of products as well as carrying out their dimensional analysis as they offer precise and accurate profile measurement.
- The manufacturing industry is increasingly resorting to the use of 3D laser profilers for applications ranging from detecting surface defects to measuring the profiles of various components for production precision
- Thus, the introduction of innovative 3D laser profiler solution in the market presents significant growth opportunities
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global 3D Laser Profiler market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- 3D Laser Profiler market North America is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to rising uptake of 3D Laser profiler by end use industries such as automotive and construction. Countries, such as India and China are the leading textile exporters in the world. Thus, Laser profiler suppliers in the region are expecting an increase in demand for their products.
- 3D Laser Profiler market in Asia Pacific and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth. This market in South America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show modest growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
The global 3D Laser Profiler market is has significant number of players which makes is a fairly fragmented market. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for 3D Laser Profiler. Moreover, manufacturers are entering partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global 3D Laser Profiler market include:
- Cognex Corporation
- Keyence Corporation
- Questex LLC
- MTI Instruments Inc.
- LMI TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- Wenglor sensoric GmbH
- LASE GmbH
- Vision Components GmbH
- KLA Corporation
- FARO Technologies, Inc.
- HGG Group
- Teledyne Digital Imaging Inc.
- Savante Offshore Services Ltd
Global 3D Laser Profiler Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Laser Profiler Market, by Range
- 40 mm
- 60 mm
- 120 mm
- 200 mm
Global 3D Laser Profiler Market, by End-Use Industry
- Electronics and Semiconductor
Global 3D Laser Profiler Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.