Wet Strength Labels Market: An Overview
In today’s competitive environment, labels play an essential role in any successful market strategy. Labels are the most important thing which makes the product look attractive and differentiate one product from other. Wet strength labels are highly preferred for glass and PET bottles such as water bottle, wine bottles, craft beer are returned for recycling as wet strength labels can be easily removed. Also, wet strength labels are also used for frozen or refrigerated food, processed seafood along with pharmaceutical and chemical industry. Wet strength labels are produced from glossy and coated paper with beautiful print, emboss, foil stamp to maintain brightness and strength. Wet strength labels are the major contributor to brand promotion due to the aesthetic nature of the label. The reverse side of the wet strength labels is specially treated for easy gluing and curl control. Due to excellent water resistance property, wet strength labels highly replace other types of labels such as dry peel labels, shrink label, etc. Among multiple types of labels wet strength labels is the fastest growing labels due to increasing demand from beverages segment.
Wet Strength Labels Market: Dynamics
The impressive growth of beverages over the last couple of years has highly contributed to the growth of wet strength labels market. Manufacturers are seen ore more investing on labels to exaggerate the product and grab the attention of the consumer to buy the product which is fuelling the wet strength label market. High competition among various brands and manufacturers is another factor driving the growth of wet strength labels market. In addition, alcoholic beverage segment by end use is the largest market share holder of global labels market which is also expected to fuel the wet strength labels market. Wet strength labels can be easily removed in one piece in alkaline washing process which eases the task during the recycling process. However, wet strength labels are less economical than other types of the label so local market players may not invest which may hamper the growth the growth of wet strength labels market.
Key Development in wet strength labels-
- UPM Raflatac new Silverac WSA which continues to shine even when placed in an ice bucket and do not peel and begin to disintegrate.
- Twin Rivers Paper company introduced Alliance® wet-strength label papers which offers wet-strength formulations with a broad range of basis weights suitable for water, beer, and other bottling applications.
Wet Strength Labels Market: Segmentation
Globally, the Wet Strength Labels Market is segmented on the basis of thickness and end use which is further segmented as:
On the basis of types, the Wet Strength Labels Market is segmented as:
- Neck Label
- Body Label
- Custom Shaped Label
On the basis of weight, the Wet Strength Labels Market is segmented as:
- 30-40 lb
- 40-50 lb
- 50-80 lb
On the basis of end use, the Wet Strength Labels Market is segmented as:
- Household products
- Personal care and Cosmetics
Wet Strength Labels Market: Regional Outlook
The number of manufacturers in the Asia-Pacific wet strength labels market is rapidly increasing, owing to the increasing population and consumption along with increasing demand for beverages, which in turn is expected to boost the wet strength labels market. The market growth in this region is expected to be driven by emerging economies such as India and China. North America, with countries such as the U.S. and Canada, is also anticipated to account for the larger market share in wet strength labels market, due to the presence of established manufacturers of wet label market in this region. Latin America is anticipated to have high growth rate in wet strength labels market due to increasing per capita disposable income. Europe being the largest producer of the beer worldwide, the wet label market in Europe region is anticipated to have higher market share.
Wet Strength Labels Market: Market Players
Some of the key manufactures of wet strength labels market are as follows:
- AR Metallizing N.V.
- UPM Raflatac
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Lintec Corporation
- Monadnock Paper Mills, Inc.
- Brigl & Bergmeister GmbH
- Twin Rivers Paper Company
Many local and unorganised players are expected to contribute to the global wet strength labels market during the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.