Food Cans Market
Food Cans Market (Capacity: Less than 100 gm, 100 gm - 300 gm, 300 gm - 500 gm, More than 500 gm; Material: Metal (Stainless Steel, Aluminum), Tinplate, Paperboard, Plastic; Product: 2-piece Cans, 3-piece Cans; End Use: Meat, Poultry & Seafood, Pet Food, Bakery & Confectionary, Sauces, Jams & Pickles, Fruits & Vegetables, Tea & Coffee, Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Food Cans Market - Moving Beyond Packaging with Custom Manufacturing Trends
Even with the cost-prohibitive nature of metal food cans and poor sustainability credentials of plastic food cans, seasoned analysts at Transparency Market Research (TMR) portend a steady growth of the overall food cans landscape at a CAGR of ~4% during 2019-2027. The 'twofer' attribution of food cans - reduced packaging waste and cost cutting opportunities - is highly likely to bolster their adoption in the food and beverage industry. An underway shift from BPA to BPS plastic cans will remain crucial for market players seeking a smooth transition by conforming to regulatory protocols to make it to distribution channels.
On the manufacturing side, the advent of custom manufacturing trends will resonate with end users looking at improving brand value. Besides organic growth strategies, production partnerships with end users will chart the course for where the food cans landscape is heading next.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your business for future, ask for a sample report here
Tinplate to Remain the Gold Standard
The traditional lead of metal food cans will remain intact, given the weighted trend of recyclability. That being said, the cost-efficiency of tinplate with near-close properties as aluminum will upkeep their status quo as the 'material of the choice', representing steady growth during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
However, the popularity of plastic cans is projected to boom, despite the groundswell and consumer backslash regarding their impacts on health. The production of plastic cans requires relatively low working capital, and with the ongoing shift from BPA to BPS, end users will back the transformation to save on their overhead expenditures.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Downsizing is the New Rightsizing in the Landscape
Canned foods are often linked to achieving consumption convenience, when it comes to addressing the demands of consumers leading hectic lives. Trends suggest that, small-sized food cans of less than 100 g are likely to catalyze market revenue, given their smooth transportation, low cost, and portion-control proposition, while driving sales through impulsive purchase behaviors.
With the evolving choices of consumers, the sales of large-sized food cans are growing at a high, albeit, steady pace, while that of small-sized food cans are on an exponential projected increase at a CAGR of ~6% during 2019-2027. The said trend specifically stands true in the developed markets of Europe, given the marked adoption of the 'grab-to-eat' culture and circular economy.
With four countries from Europe - Germany, Austria, Wales, and Switzerland - occupying the 'top five-most plastic recycling countries' space, market players concentrated in the region will benefit from the growing proclivity for plastic material, and offer a stout tailwind to the food cans market.
However, Asia Pacific, in general, and China, in particular, will remain a remunerative food cans market, with a large base of millennial population preferring canned food products over time-consuming recipes. In addition, China accounts for leading aluminum reserves and plastic production, which will further ensure the consistent supply of raw materials. During the forecast period, market players can expect Asia’s market to grow at a CAGR of ~5%.
To get a bird’s eye view of Food Cans Market’s forecasts, ask for a Custom Report
Authors of the report infer that, the billion-dollar food cans market will move at a steady pace, and the success of market players will hinge on their ability to act according to the evolving trends. With the shifting paradigm of consumer preference towards healthful eating, manufacturers can look forward to partnering and collaborating with fruit and vegetable producers, while significant growth in the sales of canned tea and coffee unlocks yet another opportunity to infiltrate in the end-use segment.
In the fragmented landscape, with numerous companies to contest with, market players need to do more than just focus on the development of attractive food cans. An example of this is illustrated by Crown Holding, Inc. The company offers a broad array of technical and support services for facilitating the custom manufacturing of food cans as a strategy to occupy a distinguished market position. Market players can also leverage inorganic growth strategies involving remotely operating players of developing countries to consolidate their position in the food cans market.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the food cans market for the historical period 2014-2018 and forecast period 2019-2027, the use of food cans that aid in retaining the nutrient value and freshness of packaged food is projected to drive market growth.
- Globally, revenue generated by the food cans market has been estimated to be ~US$ 24.8 Bn in 2019, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~4% in terms of value during the forecast period.
Food Cans Aid in Retaining Nutrient Value and Freshness of Packaged Food
- Canned food is considered as a good source of minerals and vitamins. It also retains the flavor and nutrients of the packaged food. Canned food is known to have high nutritional content because it is harvested and packaged at its peak freshness, which makes it suitable for household and commercial kitchens. These factors are anticipated to be the key growth factors for the food cans market.
- Canned fruits and vegetables ensure a prolonged shelf life, which leads to a decrease in food wastage. Additional benefits offered by canned food surge the demand for food cans, and the market is expected to experience steady growth during the forecast period.
Food Cans Maintain Edge over Other Formats due to Less Environmental Impact
- The use of food cans help in eliminating the need of secondary packaging, which, in turn, decreases the packaging cost, and products can be transported without leaking or breaking. This reduced packaging cost translates into higher profit margins for all participants across the value chain.
- Furthermore, the non-compulsiveness of secondary packaging has reduced packaging waste. This adds to the sustainability of food cans. Modern consumers are concerned about the packaging waste generated, and tend to opt for packaging solutions that reduce their environmental footprint. This is expected to increase the demand for food cans in the global market.
- Manufacturers are also open to going that extra mile to incorporate environmental-friendly substitutes over conventional coatings. For instance, the insides of tin-coated steel cans are being coated with organic coatings, as these can be recycled with ease.
Global Food Cans Market- Key Research Findings
- Among the various capacities, the 300 gm - 500 gm segment is estimated to be prominent in the global food cans market, and is expected to account for ~41% of the market share by the end of 2019.
- In the end-use segments of food cans, fruits and vegetables is expected to account for ~38% share by the end of 2019, but is expected decline by ~2% during the forecast period. Soups, tomatoes, beans and fruits are projected to remain the most canned foods in metal food cans.
- The metal segment in the food cans market is expected to create an incremental opportunity of US$ ~7.3 Bn by 2027, and it is projected to grow at a CAGR of ~4%. This can be attributed to the wide applications of metal cans in the packaging of pickles, tomato purees, and other processed foods.
- Based on material, the tinplate segment is projected to dominate the global food cans market, and is expected to account for ~53% of the market share by the end of 2019. However, the market share is expected to decline by 2.4% during the forecast period. The aluminium segment is anticipated to gain market share, and is expected to generate an incremental opportunity of ~US$ 1.9 Bn by the end of the forecast period.
- In the product type segments, 2-piece food cans are observed to be more prominently used. Thus, they are expected to account for ~82% of market share by the end of 2019, and projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% over the forecast period. However, the 3-piece food cans segment is expected to gain ground and expand 1.6X its current value by the end of the forecast period.
Shift from BPA to BPS –Key Trend Observed in the Market
- Conventionally, the inner part of a food can is coated with a layer of bisphenol-A, commonly known as BPA. BPA seeps into the food content and is known to disrupt the natural hormonal balance. It is often linked with prostate and breast cancer, heart disease, and other major damages to infants. This has adversely affected the sales of coated cans significantly. However, consumers are looking for BPA free cans, which is expected to boost the sales of composite cans and plastic cans.
- Manufacturers are using other alternatives such as bisphenol-S (BPS), acrylic or polyester materials as coatings to minimise reactions with food packaged.
Global Food Cans Market – Competition Landscape
- Some of the key players operating in the global food cans market
- Crown Holding Inc.
- Silgan Holding Inc.
- Ball Corporation
- Toyo Seikan Co. Ltd
- Smurfit Kappa Group Plc
- Mondi Group Plc
- Sonoco Product Company
- Ardagh Group S.A
- CPMC Holding Limited
- Kingcan Holding Limited
- Allstate Can Corporation
- Kian Joo Can Factory Berhad
- Independent Can Company
- Colep Portugal S.A, Nampak Ltd
- HUBER Packaging Group
- Visy Industries
- CAN-PACK S.A.
- Jamestrong Packaging
- Aaron Packaging Inc
- Crown Holdings Inc., Ardagh Group S.A, Silgan Holding Inc., and Ball Corporation have been identified as tier 1 players operating in the global food cans market. However, several other players are emerging as prominent regional players, such as Kian Joo Can Factory Berhad, Colep Portugal S.A, and others. These players are likely to have an impact on regional pricing trends and make the market even more competitive.
Food Cans Market: Scope of the Report
[209 Pages Report] Transparency Market Research (TMR) has undertaken a new study on the global food cans market, providing forecast for the period of 2019-2027. In the food cans market study, lucrative opportunities are seen for food cans. The report enumerates valuable insights to enable readers in making winning business decisions for the future growth of their businesses. The report sheds light on significant factors that are constantly shaping the growth of the food cans market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting the growth of the food cans market are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the food cans market size in 2027?
- Which region will remain the most lucrative for the growth of the food cans market?
- Which end-use industry is most preferred for food cans? What was its market size in 2018?
- Who are the major customers of food cans?
- What is the market share comparison between different sources in the food cans market?
- What will be the growth rate of the food cans market in 2021?
Key indicators associated with the food cans market have been evaluated thoroughly in the report. The study highlights vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global food cans market. A comprehensive study on the supply chain of the global food cans market has also been encompassed in the report.
Other key aspects laid down in the food cans market report include the pricing strategy of leading market players. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenario of the food cans market have been encompassed in the report to understand the future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the food cans market have been provided on the basis of capacity, material, product, end use, and region. The report also renders imperative numbers such as the historical and forecast size of various segments of the food cans market.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments has been delivered in the report. The food cans market has been analyzed at both, regional and country levels.
The food cans market report provides exhaustive evaluation on the structure of the food cans market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all the leading companies profiled in the report. A company share analysis of food cans market players has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix on the profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of food can manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. The report also highlights key end users for food cans.
- Key companies profiled in the food cans market report include Crown Holding Inc., Silgan Holding Inc., Ball Corporation, Toyo Seikan Co. Ltd, Smurfit Kappa Group Plc, Mondi Group Plc, Sonoco Product Company, Ardagh Group S.A, CPMC Holding Limited, Kingcan Holding Limited, Allstate Can Corporation, Kian Joo Can Factory Berhad, Independent Can Company, Colep Portugal S.A, Nampak Ltd, Huber Packaging Group, Visy Industries, CAN-PACK S.A., Jamestrong Packaging, and Aaron Packaging Inc.
A realistic methodology along with a holistic approach makes the base for incisive insights provided in the food cans market report for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises detailed information on the growth prospects of the food cans industry, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary research have been employed to garner incisive insights into the forecast study of the food cans market. The report on the food cans market has further gone through cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the food cans market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Food Cans Market: Segmentation
The global food cans market has been bifurcated on the basis of capacity, material, product, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers a holistic view of the industry.