Thionyl Chloride Market: Introduction
- Thionyl chloride is a liquid that is colorless, pale yellow, or reddish at ambient temperatures. The compound has low viscosity and a pungent, fuming, sulfur-like odor. Industrial manufacturing processes used for formulation of thionyl chloride include chlorosulfonic acid method, sulfur dioxide gas-phase method, and phosphorus oxychloride cogeneration.
- Thionyl chloride is often used as a chlorinating agent in the manufacture of chemicals used in herbicides, surfactants, drugs, and dyestuffs. In addition, it is employed in the formulation of polyarylate-type engineering thermoplastics and electrolytes in lithium-ion batteries.
- Based on application, the global thionyl chloride market can be segmented into dyes, pesticides, pharmaceutical agents, chemical synthesis, battery, and others. Among these, pesticides is a leading segment of the global market. Its major share is attributable to excellent ability of thionyl chloride to impart chlorinating characteristics to various pesticides. The battery segment is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for remote monitoring, remote metering, automotive power, backup power, etc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Thionyl Chloride Market report
Key Drivers of Global Thionyl Chloride Market
- Growing pressure on the agriculture sector to increase the yield-ability of crops is expected to drive the demand for agrochemicals in the near future. Furthermore, growing food consumption across Asia Pacific is expected to boost the demand for pesticides between 2020 and 2030. Thionyl chloride is extensively used as a solvent in the production of pesticides. This, in turn, is expected to drive the thionyl chloride market in the near future.
- Increasing demand for power sources, such as utility devices as well as remote-metering devices, is expected to boost the demand for lithium thionyl chloride batteries in the near future. Thionyl chloride is used as an active cathode material in lithium thionyl chloride batteries. This, in turn, is expected to drive the demand for thionyl chloride in the next few years.
Battery and Pesticides Segments to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Thionyl chloride is witnessing high demand in the battery industry for use as a solvent. It is used as an electrolyte in the manufacture of lithium-ion batteries.
- Rising research and development activities and increasing foreign direct investments (FDIs) in the field of batteries, typically in Japan, China, and South Korea, are likely to provide immense opportunities to manufacturers of thionyl chloride in the near future
- Rising demand for processing solvents in the pesticides sector to produce inabenfide, valerate, fenvalerate, mosquito-killing dimerthrin, flucythrinate, diflubenzuron, isocarbophos, fenpropathrin, endosulfan, deltamethrin, and warfarin is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the global thionyl chloride market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Thionyl Chloride Market
- Geographically, the global market for thionyl chloride can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of thionyl chloride, followed by North America and Europe. The region witnesses strong presence of major countries producing agricultural crops such as India, China, and Thailand. Rising demand for pesticides in order to enhance the productivity and yield of crops is expected to drive the demand for thionyl chloride in the next few years.
- Rising FDIs in the automotive industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is another factor likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Rising demand for lithium thionyl chloride batteries used in the production of remote-monitoring devices is likely to propel the thionyl chloride market in North America and Europe during the forecast period. Furthermore, manufacturers in these regions are primarily engaged in new product launches, extensive research and development activities, and strengthening their presence in emerging markets.
- Rising imports of thionyl chloride in Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to boost the demand for thionyl chloride in these regions from 2020 to 2030
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Thionyl Chloride Market
Key Players Operating in Global Thionyl Chloride Market
The global thionyl chloride market is highly concentrated, with the top producers accounting for a prominent market share. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Shandong Kaisheng New Materials
- Lanxess AG
- SUMITOMO SEIKA CHEMICALS CO., LTD.
- Jiang Xi Selon Industry
- China Pingmei Shenma Group
- Chuyuan Group
- Shangyu Wolong Chemical
- Sichuan Boxing
- Changzhou Xudong Chemical
Global Thionyl Chloride Market: Research Scope
Global Thionyl Chloride Market, by Purity
- Purity ≥ 99.5%
- Purity < 99.5%
Global Thionyl Chloride Market, by Application
- Pharmaceutical Agents
- Chemical Synthesis
Global Thionyl Chloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.