Silicon Oxide Coated Barrier Films- Market Overview
Increasing preference for products having longer shelf life and ready to consume products is fuelling the demand for better packaging solutions. Barrier films are used to prevent the inside contents of the products from changing taste, aroma, and quality. Different packaging films are being used in packaging of various products such as food & beverages, pharmaceuticals etc. Silicon oxide coated barrier film is the film which has the coating of silicon oxide on the materials like polypropylene, polyethylene, cast propylene, nylon etc. Silicon oxide coated barrier films provides a protective barrier to the food products which needs to be prevented from gas and moisture in order to retain their freshness and quality. Silicon oxide coated barrier films have an additional feature of transparency. Manufacturers use the silicon oxide coated barrier films for better and visible presentation of product packaging. The silicon oxide coated barrier film is one of the prominent barrier films among barrier films and have various properties such as abrasive resistant, contamination resistant, light in weight, clear & transparent and hygienic packaging. The silicon oxide coated barrier films provide the barrier properties which protect the food products from contamination and germs. The silicon oxide coated barrier films are also used in the pharmaceutical industries for the packaging of the medicines which needs to prevent from air and moisture. The Silicon oxide coated barrier films market is growing with increasing demand for the protective packaging.
Silicon Oxide Coated Barrier Films- Market Dynamics
The market for Silicon oxide coated barrier films is anticipated to grow during the forecast period 2017-2025. The silicon oxide coated barrier films market is mostly driven by the food & beverages industry. Food industries use the Silicon oxide Coated Barrier Films for the packaging of various food products such as meat & food, fresh produce, retort foods and others. The factor which is contributing towards the growth of silicon oxide coated barrier films market is the increase in dual-earning families which has increased the consumption of packaged and ready to consume products. This factor has increased the demand for convenient and efficient packaging solutions. The silicon oxide coated barrier films have properties which protect the food products from contamination, air, and moisture. The Silicon oxide coated barrier films are also used in the pharmaceutical industries for the packaging of the medicine and medical devices which needs sterilized packaging. Chemical industries also use silicon oxide coated barrier films for packaging of the chemicals which need to be protected from oxygen and moisture.
The hindrance in the growth of Silicon oxide coated barrier films market is the high production cost than the alternative products and the multilayer films require a separate process for the separation of different layers.
Silicon Oxide Coated Barrier Films- Market Segmentation
The global Silicon oxide coated barrier films market is segmented on the basis of the application, on the basis of the substrate type, and on the basis of the end users.
- On the basis of the application, Silicon oxide coated barrier films are used to making pouches, tray lidding and for metal coating.
- On the basis of the substrate type, the Silicon oxide coating is done on various materials such as polypropylene, polyethylene, nylon, cast polypropylene etc.
- On the basis of the end users, Silicon oxide coated barrier films are used in various industries such as food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, chemical industries and others.
Silicon Oxide Coated Barrier Films Market– Regional Outlook
Globally, the Silicon oxide coated barrier films market may be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Middle East & Africa (MEA). Asia-Pacific and Europe both have the major market for the Silicon oxide coated barrier films followed by North America. Due to increase in the dual earning families which has increased the consumption of packaged products. Latin America and MEA are expected to have moderate growth over the forecast period.
Silicon Oxide Coated Barrier Films Market– Key Players
Some of the key players that operate in global Silicon oxide coated barrier films market are Amcor Ltd., Celplast Metalized Products, Ted Pella, Inc., Shijiazhuang Dadao Packaging Materials Co., Toray Plastics, Inc., Toppan Printing Co. Ltd., Bemis Company, Inc., and others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.