Global Roofing Shingle Release Films Market: An Overview
Roofing shingle release films are thin film strips applied at the back of shingles. Roofing shingle release films can be categorized as a variant of surface protection films. Roofing shingle release films are designed to prevent shingles from sticking together and prevent dirt and debris from mixing with the adhesive material. Roofing shingle release films can be removed after the roofing process, and therefore, are witnessing high preference in the market. Roofing shingle release films are preferred over conventionally used shingle backing films due to their easy release features. There have been debates various over the requirement of removal of the film post-roofing. Conventional films can also damage the shingle in case any attempt is made to remove them. Roofing shingle release films eliminate that problem owing to their easy release feature. During the initial years, roofing shingle release films used to be simply an aluminium foil or a special paper, which was gradually replaced with plastic. Therefore, roofing shingle release films do not damage the shingle-bonding. The global roofing shingle release films market is expected to witness a moderate growth outlook during the forecast period.
Global Roofing Shingle Release Films Market: Dynamics
The global roofing shingle release films market is expected to grow alongside the increasing demand for easy release films for Asphalt roofing. Manufacturers of roofing shingle release films have largely been successful in capitalizing on the growing demand for easy removal of films after roofing. Many manufacturers of conventional backing films emphasize on the consistent performance of the adhesives even if the film is not removed. This is one of the factors expected to be a key restraint for the growth of the global roofing shingle release films market during the forecast period. Furthermore, roofing shingle release films are expected to find more applications in regions with tropical winters. The change in climatic conditions due to global warming has resulted in extreme cold weather in these regions, resulting in increased demand for Asphalt roofing. This change is expected to play a pivotal role in the growth of the global roofing shingle release films market. Manufacturers of roofing shingle release films are focusing on production of variants which have high mechanical strength and elasticity. Additional additives enhance the functionality of roofing shingle release films, making them strong enough to provide resistance from UV radiation for up to 6 months. Therefore, the outlook for the growth of the global roofing shingle release films market is expected to be positive during the forecast period.
Global Roofing Shingle Release Films Market: Segmentation
Globally, the Roofing shingle release films market is segmented on the basis of material.
On the basis of material, the global Roofing shingle release films market is segmented as –
- Aluminium foil
- Clear Plastic
The North America roofing shingle release films market is expected to retain its dominant position during the forecast period. The Europe roofing shingle release films market is expected to continue to be the second largest roofing shingle release films consumer worldwide. The Asia Pacific roofing shingle release films market is expected to register high CAGR during the forecast period, with high consumption expected in China and ASEAN countries. The MEA roofing shingle release films market is expected to witness negligible growth during the forecast period due to unfavorable climatic conditions. Roofing shingle release films are expected to witness high demand in regions which have only recently started to witness extreme climate due to global warming. Countries such as India represent growth opportunities for the roofing shingle release films market. However, market penetration might be a challenge.
Global Roofing Shingle Release Films Market: Key players
Some of the key players operating in the global Roofing shingle release films market are –
- Toray Plastics (America), Inc. (Subsidiary of Toray Industries Inc.)
- Mitsubishi Polyester Film, Inc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.