Global Phenolic Caps Market: An Overview
Phenolic caps are high performance, durable caps with an extremely high heat tolerance, i.e. phenolic caps start to decompose at temperatures of above 220 degree Celsius. Phenolic caps are very tough when used in their desirable temperature range. Phenolic stands for Phenol Formaldehyde Resin. Phenolic caps are mostly used for harmful acids, bases, and other reactive compounds. The key factor which is expected to contribute to increase in preference for phenolic caps is their chemically inert nature when paired with polycone liners. Therefore, when exposed to harmful and corrosive chemicals like acids and bases, phenolic caps perform much better than their counterparts. Phenolic caps are reliable and safe, which results in high preference for phenolic caps in labs, across the world. By chemical composition and design, phenolic caps are known to provide a desirable range of chemical compatibility, and has the highest temperature tolerance among all other plastic closures available in the market. The outlook for growth of the global phenolic caps market is expected to be positive during the forecast period.
Global Phenolic Caps Market: Dynamics
The global phenolic caps market is expected to grow on the backdrop of growing demand for safe packaging and sealing solutions at laboratories. Since phenolic caps have the desired properties, they are widely preferred in laboratories in educational institutions and other research facilities. Furthermore, manufacturers of phenolic caps also provide an additional option to provide a PE cone layer, which provides chemical barrier. The degree of threat to the phenolic caps market from substitutes is rather low, as these some of the best chemically inert closures that the market has to offer. Phenolic caps are extensively used in the pharmaceutical sector, which includes medical and biotechnological laboratories, among others. Phenolic caps have an edge over alternatives in the sense that they are capable of maintaining their form and features on exposure to corrosive material. Therefore, it is unlikely that the phenolic caps market will face severe competition from an alternative solutions (not considering any unpredictable future product innovation which has the potential to disrupt the phenolic caps market).
Global Phenolic Caps Market: Segmentation
The global phenolic caps market is segmented as follows -
On the basis of neck finishes, the global phenolic caps market is segmented into –
- Poly cone
On the basis of neck width, the global phenolic caps market is segmented into –
- < 8 mm
- 8 – 13 mm
- 13 – 18 mm
- 18 – 23 mm
- > 23 mm
On the basis of application, the global phenolic caps market is segmented into –
- Other corrosive compounds
Global Phenolic Caps Market: Regional Outlook
The North America phenolic caps market is expected to be in the leading position, given the heavy investment on research and development in the region. The U.S. phenolic caps market is estimated to account for more than 85% of the North America phenolic caps market in 2018. The Asia Pacific region is expected to outdo the other region in term of growth in demand for phenolic caps, during the forecast period. Countries which are expected to lead in the Asia Pacific phenolic caps market include China and the ASEAN countries. The phenolic caps market in regions like the Middle East, Latin America and Eastern Europe is anticipated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period, owing to several macroeconomic factors. However, countries in the Africa region are expected to outpace the remaining ones in the MEA region in terms of phenolic caps market CAGR, during the next ten years.
Global Phenolic Caps Market: Key players
Some of the key players operating in the global phenolic caps market are –
- Quality Environmental Containers, Inc.
- Corning Inc.
- DWK Life Sciences GmbH
- Qorpak, Inc.
- National Novelty Brush Company
- Acme Vial & Glass Company, LLC.
*Some of the key trends currently observed in the market includes –
- Emphasis on production of phenolic caps with superior torque retention
- Focus on innovation in liner material and bonding. For instance, PET film bonded with PE film, which is then bonded to aluminium foil
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.