Pharyngitis Diagnostic: Introduction
- Pharyngitis is the medical condition that causes inflammation at the back of the throat which is known as pharynx. Pharyngitis is referred simply as sore throat. Pharyngitis may also lead to itchiness and difficulty in swallowing. Several viral and bacterial agents can cause pharyngitis, majority of which include adenoviruses, and group A streptococcus. Pharyngitis is most commonly caused by viral infection such as common cold, influenza, and mononucleosis. Strep throat is one of the most common bacterial infections caused by group A streptococcus. The common symptoms of pharyngitis include sneezing, runny nose, headache, cough, fatigue, body aches, chills, and fever. Strep throat condition may lead to difficulty in swallowing, loss of appetite, nausea, fever, loss of taste, and swollen lymph nodes.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Pharyngitis Diagnostic Market
- Incidence and prevalence of Group A streptococcus pharyngitis are gradually increasing across the globe. For instance, according to the CDC, report 2017, the incident rate of preventable invasive group A streptococcal disease increased from 5.8 per 100,000 in 2016 to 7.26 per 100,000 in 2017.
- Moreover, according to the Center for Clinical Global Health Education, research, strep throat, caused by Group A streptococcus is a highly common cause of pharyngitis and, globally, 600 million people are affected every year with pharyngitis. Hence, increase in incidence of GAS pharyngitis continues to encourage the use of diagnostic test, thereby driving the market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Pharyngitis Diagnostic Market Report
- Several companies, as part of strategy, are investing a high proportion of their revenue in pipeline product development with an objective to generate tests with high efficacy, within a short period, along with research in first-in-type test candidates. For instance, in 2019, GenePOC Inc., received U.S. FDA clearance for GenePOC Strep A assay. The GenePOC Strep A assay can provide results from up to eight samples as early as within 42 minutes for positive specimens and in approximately 70 minutes for negative specimens, without the need for culture confirmation.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Pharyngitis Diagnostic Market
- Europe is a mature market for pharyngitis diagnostics; therefore, the market in the region has been stagnant. The growth rate witnessed by the market in Europe has been sluggish due to a well-established network of major market players, which creates relatively fewer opportunities for growth and business expansion for new market entrants. However, rise in geriatric population and favorable health care reimbursement regulations are likely to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The pharyngitis diagnostic market in several countries in Asia, including Malaysia, India, and China, is untouched or significantly underpenetrated as compared to that in countries in North America and Europe. This is primarily due to a lack of access to pharyngitis diagnostics in these countries and low level of awareness. These markets offer immense opportunities for pharyngitis diagnostics on account of factors such as presence of a large potential population base coupled with continuous economic development witnessed in several countries across Asia. Geographic expansion by major global players in Asia Pacific through distribution and licensing agreements with local distributors and increasing prevalence of pharyngitis in the region are likely to fuel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Pharyngitis Diagnostic Market” here
Key Players Operating in Global Pharyngitis Diagnostic Market
Manufacturers in the global pharyngitis diagnostic market are increasingly investing in research and development of new and innovative techniques to manufacture advanced products for screening. These players are also focused on offering highly efficient and reliable products.
Leading companies operating in the global pharyngitis diagnostic market are:
- Quidel Corporation
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Sekisui Diagnostics
- Orion Diagnostic
- BTNX Inc.
- Moore Medical
- Diagnostic Automation / Cortez Diagnostics, Inc.
Global Pharyngitis Diagnostic Market: Research Scope
Global Pharyngitis Diagnostic Market, by Test Type
- Rapid Tests
- Lab Tests
Global Pharyngitis Diagnostic Market, by End-user
- Physician Offices
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Pharyngitis Diagnostic Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.