Surgical suture is a medical device used to hold tissue together after surgery; the application of surgical suture involves the use of a needle attached to a thread. Two types of surgical sutures i.e. absorbable and non-absorbable are available. Different types of material used for non-absorbable sutures include polypropylene sutures, stainless steel, silk, and polyester sutures. Polypropylene sutures are available in blue for easy identification during surgery. This type of suture has high tensile strength and is used for plastic, orthopedic and general closure, cardiovascular surgeries, and micro surgeries. Polypropylene sutures are also known as prolene sutures. Silk sutures are commonly used as ligature and are also used for other applications such as ophthalmic, skin, etc. Silk sutures are not indicated for use in urinary tract and biliary surgery. Silk sutures have moderate tissue reaction.
Polyester sutures are mostly used in cardiovascular and ophthalmic surgery due to excellent tensile strength; they are soft and pliable with excellent braiding. Polyester sutures are available in white and green colors. Nowadays, stainless steel sutures are extensively used due to their essential qualities such as absence of toxic elements, flexibility, and fine wire size. Both monofilament and twisted multifilament varieties are low in tissue reactivity, high in tensile strength, and hold a knot well.
Need an Overview of the Report on Non-Absorbable Sutures Market? Ask for the Brochure here
Non-Absorbable Sutures Market – Competitive Landscape
Major players have adopted strategies such as partnerships, agreements, new product development, and collaborations to gain competitive advantage in the global non-absorbable sutures market.
- In January 2018, Teleflex Incorporated launched a new suture technology called Force Fiber Fusion. This suture is made from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) which is strong, durable, and lubricious. This suture has FDA approval in the U.S. for the ligation of soft tissues such as allograft tissues for orthopedic procedures.
- In December 2017, B. Braun Melsungen AG announced the establishment of a subsidiary in Zambia. Through its subsidiary called B. Braun Medical Zambia Limited, B. Braun Melsungen AG has established a solid foundation for its business in the country and is able to meet customer requirements in a better way. The entity is based in the capital city, Lusaka.
Ethicon, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Founded in 1847, and a fully owned subsidiary company of Johnson & Johnson, Ethicon, Inc. is headquartered in New Brunswick, the U.S. The company markets its products and technologies in the following medical specialties: colorectal surgery, hepato biliary surgery, thoracic surgery, orthopedic surgery, gynecological, and hernia surgery. Ethicon is one of the leading players in the non-absorbable sutures market and holds prominent share in the international market, having one of the broadest range of sutures in its product portfolio.
- Established in 1949, Medtronic is based in Minneapolis, the U.S. The company operates through four main business segments: Cardiac & Vascular Group, Minimally Invasive Therapies Group, Restorative Therapies Group, and Diabetes Group. Under the Minimally Invasive Therapies Group, Medtronic offers surgical sutures, including non-absorbable sutures, absorbable sutures, and barbed sutures. Medtronic operates in 160 countries at 480 locations globally, serving more than 65 million patients. It holds more than 45,000 patents in the medical technology industry.
B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Founded in 1888, B. Braun Melsungen AG is a subsidiary company of B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG. and is headquartered in Melsungen, Germany. The company provides a wide range of health care solutions, with more than 5000 products. It manufactures 95% of these products. Its manufacturing facilities are located in the U.S., the EU, Switzerland, Vietnam, Brazil, and Malaysia. The company has subsidiaries across the world and a network of associated companies to distribute its products.
- Founded in 1943, Teleflex Corporation is based in Wayne, the U.S. The company has a diverse product portfolio with solutions in fields such as interventional access, vascular access, cardiology, anesthesia, surgical care, respiratory care, and emergency services. Surgical care includes innovative non-absorbable products such as force fiber fusion suture, force fiber orthotape braid, and force fiber suture.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Non-Absorbable Sutures Market” here
Non-Absorbable Sutures Market – Dynamics
Rising geriatric population and increasing number of surgeries helps to propel the market
The global non-absorbable sutures market is projected to grow at a rapid pace due to rising geriatric population and increasing number of surgeries. According to The American Geriatrics Society, the population of people over 65 years and older is growing at a high rate in the U.S., and this number is anticipated to double to 89 million between 2010 and 2050. Increase in number of surgical procedures is due to increasing cases of cardiovascular diseases, and growing interest of people to enhance their physical appearance (thus increasing the number of cosmetic surgical procedures). According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), more than 17.7 million surgical and minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures were performed in the United States in 2018.
Increasing number of road accidents is set to propel the growth of the market
According to World Health Organization, Every year around 1.3 million people die and more than 20 to 50 million people experience severe injuries due to road traffic crashes. Surgical non-absorbable sutures are essential for closure of wounds and injuries that occur in the course of an accident. Thus, the increase in number of accidents is likely to increase demand for sutures.
Non-Absorbable Sutures Market – Segmentation
Based on material, the non-absorbable sutures market can be divided into:
- Stainless steel
In terms of application, the non-absorbable sutures market can be divided into:
- General Surgeries
- Gynecological Surgeries
- Cardiovascular Surgeries
- Orthopedic Surgeries
On the basis of end-users, the non-absorbable sutures market can be divided into:
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.