Biomass plastic is a plant-based raw material and can be utilized as sustainably as is allows a reduction in the use of fossil fuels. Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is a material used for developing various types of flexible packaging. It is considered as the environmentally friendly material that aids in minimizing carbon dioxide emissions. Thus, with the development in the PET biomass films, it has become possible for manufacturers to provide biomass-based packaging material in all the areas of flexible packaging. The PET biomass films are composed of MEG (mono-ethylene glycol) derived from sugarcane ethanol and purified terephthalic acid from isobutanol-derived paraxylene. Due to its biodegradable nature and lightweight, it can be used for packaging of everyday items such as foods & beverages, standing refill pouches for consumer care products such as hair care. Therefore, raw materials made from biomass resources would be the key point which can boost the revenue growth of PET biomass films during the forecast period.
PET Biomass Films Market: Drivers and Restraints
Expanding demand for eco-friendly packaging, advancement in the bio refining technology as well as the production process, and stringent government regulations to promote the use of sustainable products in industries are the primary factor driving the growth of the global PET biomass films market. The rise in consumer awareness, as well as increasing crude oil and naphtha prices, support investment into biomass-based products. Additionally, advanced features such as shock and temperature resistance, and ease of tearing are some of the prominent factors fueling the growth of the PET biomass films market over the forecast period. However, the high stretchable strength of polyethylene furanoate (PEF) and petroleum-derived PET served as an alternative to PET biomass films may limit the growth of the PET biomass films market during the forecast the period.
PET Biomass Films Market: Segmentation
The PET biomass films market has been classified by application and end-user industry.
Based on application, the PET biomass films market is segmented into the following:
- Gusseted Bags
- Roll stock
- Automobile Parts
Based on the end user industry, the PET biomass films market is segmented into the following:
- Foods and Beverages
- Cosmetics and Consumer Care
- Consumer Electronics
PET Biomass Films Market: Overview
PET biomass films market revenue is expected to grow at a rapid growth rate, over the forecast period. The market is anticipated to perform well soon attributed to shifting of consumer focus towards green packaging, an alternative to fossil fuel resources such as oil, and growing demand for flexible packaging among various end user industries. Additionally, use of new renewable material derived from sugarcane and other plants along with some biomass ratio are the factors that can propel the market revenue growth of PET biomass films in the near future. Based on end user industry, foods and beverages segment is projected to lead the global PET biomass films market over the forecast period attributed to the fact that it protects them from oxidation along with extended the shelf life of the product. Mainly, PET is derived from the polymerization of petroleum based terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol. Thus, companies are a focus on developing biomass derived paraxylene by using isobutanol to produce sustainable low carbon packaging solutions for customers.
PET Biomass Films Market: Region-wise Outlook
Depending on the geographic region, the PET biomass films market is classified into seven key regions: North America, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Western Europe, Japan, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the leading markets in the global PET biomass films market followed by Europe, and Japan is owing to high research and development activities in the chemical and material domain, innovative manufacturing technology, and strategic partnership among prominent players to develop flexible packaging solutions for customers. The market in Asia-Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth due to rising demand for environmentally friendly packaging primarily from India and China, growing concern of GHS emission, and the entrance of new players in the market. Moreover, increasing government activities to support the development of biomass-based polymers, and expanding distribution channel in emerging markets are some of the factors which are anticipated to rise the growth of PET biomass films market throughout the forecast period.
PET Biomass Films Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players in the PET biomass films market are Avery Dennison Corporation, Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd., Virent Energy Systems, Inc., Gevo Inc., Avantium, Toray Industries, Inc., Mondi PLC, Toppan Printing Co., Ltd., Plastipak Holdings, Inc., Braskem S.A., and others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.