Multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical: Introduction & Significance
Multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical system are pharmceutical blisters which enable moisture sensitive products such as drugs, vaccines, diagnostic reactants, and other moisture-sensitive active ingedients to be stored in the same package safely, before being mixed and dispensed. The same allows accurate drug delivery at point of use. Multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical systems provide immense opportunities for the growth of the blister packaging market. One of the key design changes incorporated in multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical systems enables them to allow the same blister chamber to be filled with dry powder along with the active ingredient in one chamber, and liquid in the other. This enables easy mixing of both the components by virtue of a peelable and frangible seal which opens a channel between the two chambers. The significance of multi-chamber blister pharmaceuticallies in its ability to eliminate the existing risk of damage to sensitive dry medicines, by exposue to various elements such as light, heat, and moisture. Since multi-chamber blister pharmaceuticaloffers a safe and sterile means to deliver an API (Active Pharmaceutcial Ingredient) into the liquid solution in nearly every environment, the potential for expansion in terms of applications are immense for the product. Given below, is a representation of the research methodology used to arrive at the market numbers
The sources which have been used to validate the estimated market size include annual reports of key market players, industry journals & magazines, research papers, and other relevant data available in the public domain. Primary sources referred include focused discussions with C level executives, distributors, independent consultants, and key industry experts, among others.
Global multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical market: Segmentation
The global multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical market has been segmented as follows –
On the basis of material, the global multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical market has been segmented as follows –
- Polyamide (PA)
- Polyethylene (PE)
*Pricing for the multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical market has been tracked on the basis of material
The multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical incorporates Amcor’s SafeMix cold form laminate, which enables enhanced protection of sensitive APIs.
Global multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical market: Key Players
Presently, the only player in the multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical is Amcor Limited. The product was developed jointly by Amcor Flexibles, and the machine manufacturer, Rohrer AG.
Key developments & Trends
In April 2017, multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical gained widespread attention after the European Aluminium Foil Association (EAFA) awarded Amcor’s dual-chamber Frangible Formpack Blister with the Alufoil trophy for technical innovation
- The new multi-chamber blister enhances stability of the drug, and optimizes the supply chain by eliminating the requirement for glass containers and controlled temperatures for storage. Furthermore, the multi-chamber pharmaceutical blister system can also be used for ‘point-of-care’ diagnostic testing in places which lack the necessary resources to set up a complex laboratory facility.
- The incident is expected to significantly boost the growth of the global multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical system, as more and more companies follow in the footsteps of Amcor. The need for novel ways to transport vaccines and sensitive APIs to remote locations is anticipated to increase preference for multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical system, in the coming years.
- The introduction of multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical is also expected to give the pharmaceutical packaging machinery market a new direction. Rohrer AG, a packaging machinery maker which closely worked with Amcor to make the multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical possibility, was able to successfully master the blister sealing process to achieve frangible and light weight seals.
- The company also used a cost-efficient in-line sterilization process exclusively for the purpose of manufacturing multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical system. This was important as APIs cannot survive sterilization process at a later stage.
The road ahead
Multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical system is a relatively new product in the pharmaceutical packaging market, with the Amcor Group and Rohrer AG as the pioneers. Over the years, packaging has witnessed robust growth in terms of evolution to meet the changing needs. As cold chain operators globalize, some drugs may need up to 72 hours of packaging. However, one of the hurdles that most manufacturers want to steer clear of, is the cost. The more insulated the package, the higher is the cost. Therefore, as multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical becomes more mainstream, a large scale shift is anticipated from conventional insulated packages. Exhibit 2 highlights 5 key factors which are anticipated to drive growth of the global multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical market, during the forecast period.
The benefits associated with multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical systems in terms of utility in sterile applications is expected to attract more market players to innovate on a similar scale. Furthermore, the recognition gained by receiving the Alufoil trophy from the European Aluminium Foil Association, is expected to ensure a positive outlook for the growth in sales of multi-chamber blister pharmaceutical systems.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.