Global Military Computer Market: Overview
Military computers are used in geospatial analysis, organizing sensitive military data, and controlling communications. The recent technological advancements have led to modernization in the defense infrastructure. This has led to a great adoption of military computers in several military operations, thereby expanding the market’s reach. The global military computer market is anticipated to witness steady growth during the forecast period owing to rising investment in the defense sector.
Global Military Computer Market: Notable Developments
Below are a few notable developments in the global military computer market:
- Iris Automation Inc. has recently introduced Casia computer vision technology that enables unmanned aerial vehicles to detect nearby aircraft. This technology uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to detect probable threats and avoid collisions. It works in the same way as a human pilot would. Casia integrates artificial intelligence algorithms, and Swap in a computer that functions on machine vision camera. This is one of the major developments in military technology expanding the global frontiers of the military computer market. Iris Automation intends to use the same technology in drones to enhance its safety.
- Curtiss-Wright Corporation launched rugged pre-integrated avionics computer. These computers are designed to be used in defense and aerospace systems constrained by cost, size, and power. These systems are Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) compliant and are extensively used for critical airborne applications. This solution considerably reduces the integration risks for DVE systems, mission computers, and others. This development has highly widened the scope of the global military computer market.
Prominent players in the global military computer market include Cobham PLC, Esterline Technologies, BAE Systems, Getac Technology Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, and L3 Technologies.
Global Military Computer Market: Key Growth Dynamics
Rising tensions on border and the rise in terrorism are the prominent factors supporting the growth of the global military computer market. Moreover, high preference of wearable computers for fast communication of information during wars has increased the demand for military computers. This has led to the development of wearable computers that can sustain the harsh conditions in a warzone, thus promoting the market’s expansion.
Furthermore, technological advancements leading to the development of military computers with advanced processors has contributed to an expansion in the military computer market. Along with this, implementation of digital infrastructure in the defense industry has presented several opportunities for the market’s growth. Another factor fueling the market’s growth is increasing investment in military equipment and sophisticated security systems.
However, along with the drivers, there are few restraints that may pose a threat to the global military computer market. Factors such as high investment in the manufacturing of military computers and the risk of malfunctioning may cause an impediment in the market’s growth. Nonetheless, recent advancements in the software of military computers and the ability of these computers to identify friendly forces may offset the effects of the restraints.
Global Military Computer Market: Regional Outlook
On the geographical front, North America dominates the global military computer market during the forecast period. U.S is the highest contributor of the market’s success in this region. This is owing to advancements in the defense systems and rise in research and development activities. Asia Pacific is expected to register a steady growth in the market during the forecast period due to rising investment in the defense sector. Growing emphasis on adopting new war technologies has also fuelled the market’s growth in this region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.