Metalized Oriented Polypropylene (Metalized OPP Films) Market: An Overview
The flexible packaging industry has evolved in the last few decades in comparison to rigid packaging. Conventionally, the packaging foils have been used to package products that are required to be free from contamination. Metalized oriented polypropylene (OPP) films are one of the barrier packaging films that are being used to package several products in industries such as food & beverages, electronics, pharmaceuticals, etc. Metalized oriented polypropylene are barrier films which provides barrier against oxygen moisture and water vapors. Metalized oriented polypropylene films are used in lamination as well as for the decoration. Metalized OPP films have a coating of metal on their surface which is usually aluminum. Other metals can also be used such as nickel, chromium etc. to get the shiny metallic appearance. Along with these properties, metalized oriented polypropylene films are cost-effective. The metallic look enhances the shelf appearance of the packaged product which in turn increases consumer appeal towards buying the product. The demand for metalized oriented polypropylene films is expected to propel by the increasing packaging application of these films in food & beverages, electronics, and pharmaceuticals industry.
Metalized Oriented Polypropylene (Metalized OPP Films) Market: Dynamics
The global metalized polypropylene oriented films market is expected to expand during the forecast period due to the following factors. One of the factors driving the Metalized oriented polypropylene films market is the growing FMCG market along with the changing consumption pattern of consumers. The metalized oriented polypropylene films can be converted into wraps, laminates, and pouches. Pouches are used for packaging of several food products such as snacks, confectionery, nuts, and dairy products. It can also be used in packaging of fractional coffee packs and reduced-fat food products. The outlook of global Metalized oriented polypropylene films market is expected to be positive and is projected to grow further on the backdrop of barrier films market during the forecast period.
Despite the favorable prospects for the growth of the metalized oriented polypropylene films market, there are some factors which might hamper the growth of metalized oriented polypropylene (metalized OPP) films market. One of them is the availability of several metalized bi-axially oriented polypropylene films (BOPP) packaging alternatives in the market.
- For instance, the recent advancement by Toray Plastics, third generation of Torafayan Transparent, high barrier polypropylene packaging films. These films offer higher oxygen-barrier protection along with better moisture barrier and are available in sealable and non-sealable varieties. Their strength also enables them to withstand the severities of the laminating without any degradation.
Also, the manufacturer needs to ensure that the metal coating is done to the inner side of the film used for converting it into pouches, wraps, laminates etc. in order to maintain the contents of the product fresh. The food products should not be in direct contact as the metallic coating might react with UV varnishes used for printing on these films. Another factor is the stringent government rules and regulations against the usage of plastics and increasing awareness towards environmental issues among consumers. These factors might hamper the growth of metalized oriented polypropylene films market during the forecast period.
Metalized Oriented Polypropylene (Metalized OPP Films) Market: Segmentation
Globally, the metalized oriented polypropylene film market has been segmented as –
On the basis of application, Metalized oriented polypropylene (OPP) films market is segmented as-
On the basis of thickness, the Metalized oriented polypropylene (OPP) films market is segmented as-
- Below 10 micron
- 10-30 micron
- 30-60 micron
- Above 60 micron
On the basis of orientation, the metalized oriented polypropylene (metalized OPP) films market is segmented as-
- Bi-axially oriented
- Mono-axially oriented
On the basis of end use, the metalized oriented polypropylene (metalized OPP) films market is segmented as-
- Food & beverages
- Confectionary products
- Fresh produce
- Dairy products
- Bakery products & snacks
- Other food products
- Pharmaceuticals and others
Metalized Oriented Polypropylene (Metalized OPP Films) Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global metalized oriented polypropylene (metalized OPP) films market has been divided into seven key regions as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
Metalized Oriented Polypropylene (Metalized OPP Films) Market: Key players
Some of the key players operating in the global metalized oriented polypropylene (metalized OPP) films market are –
- Celplast Metalized Products
- Olunro Corporation
- Toray Plastics (America), Inc
- Impak Films US LLC
- Allflex Packaging Ltd
- Oben Holding Group S.A.C.
- Polinas Plastik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.
- Glenroy, Inc.
- Polibak Plastik Film Sanayi Ve Tic. AS
- Xpro India Limited
- Uflex Limited
- Jindal Films Americas LLC
- Bemis Company, Inc.
Many local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the global metalized oriented polypropylene films market during the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.