Global Metal Lug Closures Market: Market Overview
Metals such as aluminum provide high barrier properties against moisture. Metals are bio-degradable and recyclable which possesses minimal effect on nature. Therefore, metal lug closures are highly preferred due to their composition of the metal. Moreover, highly aesthetic and luminous appearance with a smooth surface finish of metal lug closures attracts the end-users. Metal lug closures market has high penetration in the food industry while negligible in any other industry. Metal lug closures are majorly used with glass jars and bottles. With large and further growing food packaging market, metal lug closures market is expected to witness wide opportunity during the forecast period.
Global Metal Lug Closures Market: Market Dynamics
For better grip over the highly smooth surface of metal lug closure, steps are provided on the peripheral surface which results in consumer convenience by providing ease in the opening of the metal lug closure. This trend is rapidly growing in the metal lug closures market. Plastisol lining is usually used in metal lug closures for high friction or tight sealing of the glass jars and bottles. Furthermore, a safety button is provided in the metal lug closures which act as a child-resistant closure. This development in the metal lug closures market has observed high adoption rate among global market players. Although metal lug closures provides high barrier protection to the primary product, the penetration of metal lug closures market is limited to the glass jars and bottles for food packaging, restricting the global market.
Global Metal Lug Closures Market: Segmentation
The global metal lug closures market can be segmented on the basis of the extent of the twist as
- Regular twist-off
- Medium twist-off
- Deep twist-off
The pricing analysis would be made on the basis of the extent of twist of the metal lug closures as this factor completely changes the design of the closure and varies according to the application. For instance, metal lug closures with a neck width of up to 40mm would incorporate regular twist-off closure while the metal lug closures with neck width above 100mm would incorporate deep twist-off closure.
The global metal lug closures market can be segmented on the basis of neck width as
- Up to 40mm
- 40 to 70mm
- 70 to 100mm
- Above 100mm
The global metal lug closures market can be segmented on the basis of color as
The global metal lug closures market can be segmented on the basis of end-use as
- Dairy products
- Baby food
- Non-carbonated drinks
- Ready meals
- Meat & seafood
The global metal lug closures market can be segmented on the basis of geographical regions as
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
Global Metal Lug Closures Market: Regional Outlook
High availability of metals and machinery at economic prices has enabled Asia Pacific region to produce metal lug closures at low prices as compared to any other geographies. Also, large population and rapidly developing economies in the Asia Pacific region are leading to high consumption of packaged food. Although, the glass packaging demand for food packaging is significantly high in North America and Western Europe region. These factors indicate large market in Western Europe, North America and Asia Pacific region. Latin America and Eastern Europe countries are expected to witness gradual growth in metal lug closures market due to developing manufacturing sector in the regions while Middle East & Africa region is expected to possess sluggish growth in metal lug closures market due high dependency of the regional market on the imports.
Global Metal Lug Closures Market: Key Players
The metal lug closures market players such as O.Berk Company, Crown Holdings Inc., and others are relatively more organized in North America and Western Europe region as compared to highly unorganized production of metal lug closures in Asia Pacific region. Some of the players in the metal lug closures market are
- Amcor Ltd.
- Berk Company
- Crown Holdings, Inc.
- Royal Can Industries Company Limited
- Burch Bottle & Packaging, Inc.
- Silgan Closures GmbH
- Tecnocap S.p.A.
- Massilly North America Inc.
- Aaron Packaging, Inc.
- White Cap, Inc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.