A lithotripter is a device used for crushing stones present in the kidneys, bile, or pancreatic ducts. A mechanical lithotripter is a type of lithotripter most widely used for breaking bile stones. Mechanical lithotripters mainly consist of a metal sheath, wire basket, and handle to provide retraction of basket into the metal sheath. The baskets used in mechanical lithotripters are strong and large and enable the trapping of stones. Mechanical lithotripters come in two types of designs: integrated devices and salvage devices. Integrated devices consist of all components such as metal sheath, wire basket, and handles, whereas salvage devices mainly consist of metal sheaths and handles. Integrated lithotripters are used for stones present anywhere within the duct. Salvage and integrated devices require more time to operate than standard stone extraction devices. Mechanical lithotripters are relatively less expensive compared with other lithotripsy devices.
Increase in the prevalence of kidney stones and bile stones are likely to drive the global mechanical lithotripters market. Additionally, an increase in the cases of thyroid disease, renal tubular acidosis, Crohn’s diseases are anticipated to drive the global mechanical lithotripters market. Moreover, an increase in the prevalence of urolithiasis is estimated to propel the global mechanical lithotripter market. According to the National Kidney Foundation, approximately 10% of the world’s population is affected by chronic kidney diseases. According to the Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, the prevalence of upper urinary tract stones was high in children as well as adults. Adoption of minimally invasive procedures such as endoscopy and ureteroscopy is estimated to drive demand for mechanical lithotripters in the near future. Affordability of mechanical lithotripters and their lower adverse effects compared to shockwave lithotripsy devices are anticipated to augment the mechanical lithotripters market.
The global mechanical lithotripters market can be segmented based on type, application, and region. In terms of type, the mechanical lithotripters market can be divided into intraductal lithotripter, electrohydraulic lithotripter, and laser lithotripter. The growth of the electrohydraulic lithotripter segment can be attributed due to an increase in the prevalence of bile duct and pancreatic stones. Based on application, the mechanical lithotripters market can be divided into bile duct, gallbladder, and kidney stones. Rise in the prevalence of kidney stones due to renal tubular acidosis is anticipated to drive the kidney stone segment.
In terms of region, the global mechanical lithotripters market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global market. The mechanical lithotripters market in the region is driven by various factors such as the presence of key players and rise in the incidence of kidney stone diseases. According to an article published in the Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, 10% to 25 % of adults were suffering from gall bladder stones in 2015 in the U.S.. Approximately 13% of men and 7% of women in the U.S. are diagnosed with kidney stones once during their life. The mechanical lithotripters market in Europe is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to an increase in the prevalence of kidney stones. In Germany, approximately 1% to 2% of people suffer from kidney stones each year. According to the British Association of Urological Surgeons, from January 2014 to December 2014, there were 2,042 procedures were estimated to be conducted in the U.K.. The market in Asia Pacific is driven by an increase in the prevalence of bile duct stones and kidney stones. According to the Southern Cross, in New Zealand, 10% to 15% of the population was affected by kidney stones once in the lifetime.
The global mechanical lithotripters market is highly fragmented, due to the presence of a large number of players. Key players operating in the global mechanical lithotripters market are ENDO-FLEX GmbH, Cook, Boston Scientific Corporation, Olympus America, Medi-Globe GmbH, Endo-Med Technologies Pvt. Ltd., and others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.