MDPE Films Market: Overview
Advancement in packing is perceived highly over past few decades. Medium Density Polyethylene (MDPE) films is a plastic material which provides an excellent balance of stiffness and toughness with good shock and drop resistance. The remarkable properties of MDPE films include stress cracking resistance and scratch proof nature. MDPE films include many types of coating such as adhesive, silicone, print treatment for labels and printing which make the product more attractive. MDPE films has better ability to withstand unwanted atmospheric condition such as moisture, sunlight, rain which keeps products fresh and safe. Soft and pliable nature of MDPE films are some other features which contributes in the growth of MDPE films market. However, MDPE films has moderate clarity. Therefore there exist a need for polyethylene composition that will match the transparency and gloss feature offered by low density polyethylene (LDPE) films and the stiffness of MDPE films; while maintaining the same impact, tear, down gauging and processing properties as MDPE films. MDPE films are extensively used for wrapping around products like machinery, house-hold products, etc.
MDPE Films Market: Dynamic
MDPE films is preferred over linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) films market due to its scratch proof properties which also enhance the growth of MDPE films market. MDPE films are key applications for protective packaging. Furthermore, MDPE films are usually preferred over other packaging film especially LDPE film for a number of packaging applications such as over-wrap films, stand-up pouches, milk pouches and lamination films requiring stiffness in addition to ease of processing. Demand for packaged products has been on the upswing on account of consumers getting attracted to features such as single handed use, portability and easy opening of the product. MDPE films are much stiffer to touch than LDPE film. MDPE films can be used for same applications as LDPE film but provide additional shock and drop resistance. Some of the manufacturers treat the MDPE films with anti-block agents to improve film to film blocking and slipping. In addition, UV stabilizers are also added to MDPE films to resist sunlight. Generally MDPE films are used as an alternative to other film applications where strength of the film is not obligatory. Additionally, MDPE films are designed to provide an unsurpassed cost advantage.
MDPE Films Market: Segmentation
Globally, MDPE Films Market has been segmented as packaging type, thickness, end use industry and region.
On the basis of packaging type, MDPE Films Market is segmented as-
On the basis of thickness, MDPE Films Market is segmented as -
- Lesser than 25 micrometer
- 25 micrometer - 40 micrometer
- 40 micrometer - 60 micrometer
- 60 micrometer and above
On the basis of end use industry, MDPE Films Market is segmented as –
- Personal care & cosmetics
- Building and construction
On the basis of region, MDPE Films Market has been divided into seven key regions as –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Asia Pacific and Europe MDPE films market are expected to be the leading region during forecast period, in terms of packaging film applications. North America MDPE films market being followed by Europe. In MEA moderate growth is expected for the sales of stretch MDPE films during forecast period 2018 to 2028. In the last few years, the sales of packaged food has intensified in developing economies like India and China. The immense opportunity created by the growth in the packing sector has pushed many foreign manufacturers to invest in the local markets in these regions.
MDPE Films Market: Key players
Some of the key players operating in MDPE Films Market are –
- The Griff Network
- Seiler Plastics Corporation
- Aalmir Plastics Industries LLC
- Jura Films North America Llc
- Cheever Speciality Paper & Film
- Alfaplas Ltd.
- ROSSOPLAST D. and R. Rossochaccy Spó?ka Jawna
- EMSEKO CZ sro
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.