Lined board – Market Outlook
Lined board are the next generation of sustainable packaging. From manufacturing to disposal, lined board are made to provide superior product protection along with being environment friendly. Lined board provide barrier properties for prepackaged products such as wraps, salads, and sandwiches among others. The lined board are flexible, easy to use, highly reliable and require little or no maintenance. They are sustainable and act as an alternative of plastic packaging. Due to this reason, the lined board are considered to be an environment friendly alternative to traditional materials. Therefore, producers who have adopted lined board mainly use it for protective packaging applications owing to the fact that it will not break down or disintegrate while using. Due to this, merchants are focusing on using recyclable paper pulp to make protective packaging product. Moreover lined board are recyclable and have minimum effect on the environment as they can be easily decomposed. In spite of the positive outlook for growth, there are certain aspects, which are expected to hamper the growth of the global lined board market during the forecast period. Demand of the lined board market is expected to go up with further innovation in technology, especially from the food & beverage, electronic goods and personal care industries. Public & private initiatives are being taken to eliminate the usage of plastic is anticipated to accelerate the demand of recyclable formats such as lined board.
Global lined board market: Segmentation
The global lined board market has been segmented as follows –
On the basis of manufacturing type, the global lined board market has been segmented as –
- Paper Folding Boxes
- Litho-Laminated Carton Boxes
On the basis of end use, the global lined board market has been segmented as –
- Food & Beverage
- Agriculture & Allied Industries
On the basis of geography, the global Lined Board market has been divided into seven key regions –
- North America
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
The North America Lined Board market is expected to forefront the global lined board market, during the forecast period. The rise in demand for sustainable packaging and increasing demand for quality and recyclable packaging is expected to accelerate the growth of lined board market in this region. In addition, the introduction of stringent government rules and regulations is expected to fuel up the demand for lined board market in North America. The Asia Pacific region is likely to register a healthy CAGR during the next ten years. The increasing demand for electronic devices and food and beverages in India and China is expected to accelerate the growth of lined board market in this region. The rise in disposable incomes in developing market is expected to boost the demand for several food and household products. This, in turn, has led to an increase in the sustainable and recyclable packaging market owing to the fact that the food products require protective packaging market. In addition, lined board has witnessed a high rate of adoption in the South-East Asian countries. Lined board market in the Latin America region might suffer a few setbacks, due to the slow economic recovery from the recession of 2015. However, post-2020, the lined board market is expected to register a high rate of adoption. The Western Europe lined board market is expected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period.
Global Lined Board Market CAGR Analysis, by Country
Global lined board market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global lined board market are – Coveris, Shanghai DE, Oren International, Printed Box, Warren Board, KapStone Kraft Paper Corporation, Nippon Tokai Industrial Paper Supply Co., Ltd. Henan Hengda Paper Co., Ltd, Guangzhou Keerun Paper Co., Ltd., Oyewale Akinpelumi, Hangzhou Sinosea Paper Co., Ltd. among others.
The global lined board market is expected to be driven by innovations. Consumer convenience is at the epicenter of product launches, which aim to capitalize on ongoing rapid shift in preference towards lined board packaging. In addition, mergers and acquisitions is one of the major strategies for several companies for growth in the packaging industry.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- In November, 2017, Packaging firm Coveris announced its plan to upgrade its labels print and finishing capabilities in the UK. Over next three years, the firm’s paper division have planned to invest 2 million Euros in upgrading its existing machine infrastructure as part of Coveris Performance System (CPS) supply-chain strategy. The company also plans to invest 3 million Euros in January 2017 in Coveris carton board division that comprises of lined board. The investment in Coveris carton board division, also supplies food packaging in the UK and is aimed at increasing capacity and improve production efficiencies.
- In March, 2017, Nippon Tokai Industrial Paper Supply Co., Ltd. announced the launch of FSC Certified Paper Produced by Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. and Shin-Tokai Paper Co., Ltd. for making the product more innovative and increase the sale of lined board.
The lined board market is anticipated to be positively influenced by evolving consumer preferences, and R&D in advanced packaging technologies. Development of high performance materials is expected to enhance the way lined board perform. Lined board also have immense opportunity for growth in the field of food and beverage. The on-the-go lifestyles and increase in disposable income will have a significant impact on the lined board market.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.