Lined board – Market Outlook
Lined board are the next generation of sustainable packaging. From manufacturing to disposal, lined board are made to provide superior product protection along with being environment friendly. Lined board provide barrier properties for prepackaged products such as wraps, salads, and sandwiches among others. The lined board are flexible, easy to use, highly reliable and require little or no maintenance. They are sustainable and act as an alternative of plastic packaging. Due to this reason, the lined board are considered to be an environment friendly alternative to traditional materials. Therefore, producers who have adopted lined board mainly use it for protective packaging applications owing to the fact that it will not break down or disintegrate while using. Due to this, merchants are focusing on using recyclable paper pulp to make protective packaging product. Moreover lined board are recyclable and have minimum effect on the environment as they can be easily decomposed. In spite of the positive outlook for growth, there are certain aspects, which are expected to hamper the growth of the global lined board market during the forecast period. Demand of the lined board market is expected to go up with further innovation in technology, especially from the food & beverage, electronic goods and personal care industries. Public & private initiatives are being taken to eliminate the usage of plastic is anticipated to accelerate the demand of recyclable formats such as lined board.
Global lined board market: Segmentation
The global lined board market has been segmented as follows –
On the basis of manufacturing type, the global lined board market has been segmented as –
- Paper Folding Boxes
- Litho-Laminated Carton Boxes
On the basis of end use, the global lined board market has been segmented as –
- Food & Beverage
- Agriculture & Allied Industries
On the basis of geography, the global Lined Board market has been divided into seven key regions –
- North America
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
The North America Lined Board market is expected to forefront the global lined board market, during the forecast period. The rise in demand for sustainable packaging and increasing demand for quality and recyclable packaging is expected to accelerate the growth of lined board market in this region. In addition, the introduction of stringent government rules and regulations is expected to fuel up the demand for lined board market in North America. The Asia Pacific region is likely to register a healthy CAGR during the next ten years. The increasing demand for electronic devices and food and beverages in India and China is expected to accelerate the growth of lined board market in this region. The rise in disposable incomes in developing market is expected to boost the demand for several food and household products. This, in turn, has led to an increase in the sustainable and recyclable packaging market owing to the fact that the food products require protective packaging market. In addition, lined board has witnessed a high rate of adoption in the South-East Asian countries. Lined board market in the Latin America region might suffer a few setbacks, due to the slow economic recovery from the recession of 2015. However, post-2020, the lined board market is expected to register a high rate of adoption. The Western Europe lined board market is expected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period.
Global Lined Board Market CAGR Analysis, by Country
Global lined board market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global lined board market are – Coveris, Shanghai DE, Oren International, Printed Box, Warren Board, KapStone Kraft Paper Corporation, Nippon Tokai Industrial Paper Supply Co., Ltd. Henan Hengda Paper Co., Ltd, Guangzhou Keerun Paper Co., Ltd., Oyewale Akinpelumi, Hangzhou Sinosea Paper Co., Ltd. among others.
The global lined board market is expected to be driven by innovations. Consumer convenience is at the epicenter of product launches, which aim to capitalize on ongoing rapid shift in preference towards lined board packaging. In addition, mergers and acquisitions is one of the major strategies for several companies for growth in the packaging industry.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- In November, 2017, Packaging firm Coveris announced its plan to upgrade its labels print and finishing capabilities in the UK. Over next three years, the firm’s paper division have planned to invest 2 million Euros in upgrading its existing machine infrastructure as part of Coveris Performance System (CPS) supply-chain strategy. The company also plans to invest 3 million Euros in January 2017 in Coveris carton board division that comprises of lined board. The investment in Coveris carton board division, also supplies food packaging in the UK and is aimed at increasing capacity and improve production efficiencies.
- In March, 2017, Nippon Tokai Industrial Paper Supply Co., Ltd. announced the launch of FSC Certified Paper Produced by Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. and Shin-Tokai Paper Co., Ltd. for making the product more innovative and increase the sale of lined board.
The lined board market is anticipated to be positively influenced by evolving consumer preferences, and R&D in advanced packaging technologies. Development of high performance materials is expected to enhance the way lined board perform. Lined board also have immense opportunity for growth in the field of food and beverage. The on-the-go lifestyles and increase in disposable income will have a significant impact on the lined board market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.