Leek Powder: Market Outlook
Vegetables are an important source of nutrients for human beings. They help in supplying essential minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber, which are important for human nutrition. Green leafy vegetables help energize, alkalize and cleanse the body. They help in providing the necessary iron content to the body, which is responsible for the hemoglobin count.
Attributing to the rising awareness and consciousness regarding a healthy diet and the benefits offered by vegetables, consumers have started opting for vegetable powders, which readily offer all the required nutrients. Vegetable powders contain carotenoids, which prevent human cell damage.
Numerous types of vegetable powders are available in the market, such as carrot powder, pea powder, spinach powder, leek powder, garlic powder, beetroot powder, capsicum powder, onion powder, tomato powder, mushroom powder, potato powder and others. Leek powder has antimicrobial activity and reduces inflammation. It also helps regulate the lipid levels in the blood, which lowers the bad cholesterol in the body. Further, leek powder improves heart health, reduces the risk of diabetes and supports neurological function.
Versatility of Leek Powder in Several Applications to Drive Demand
Leek is a green vegetable that has anti-cancer and anti-microbial properties. The most nutritious part of leek is the green shoot. Leek powder is made by drying the shoots and then grounding them into a fine powder. Leek powder is used as a flavor enhancer and also provides essential nutritional benefits. It is a rich source of vitamin K, which helps regulate the inflammatory process in the body. Leek powder also offers other essential nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, manganese, copper, iron and folate. Leek powder has a mildly sweet and an onion flavor and hence, is sprinkled on salads, buttered popcorn, steamed vegetables, chicken or fish, eggs, rice and quinoa.
Leek powder can also be used as a thickener in stews and soups and pasta and spaghetti sauce. Leek powder also has certain medicinal properties and is helpful in treating constipation and high cholesterol. Considering the various health benefits of leek powder, the market is expected to have strong scope for growth.
Global Leek Powder Market: Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global leek powder market has been segmented as:
On the basis of function, the global leek powder market has been segmented as:
- Flavor Enhancer
On the basis of end use, the global leek powder market has been segmented as:
- Food Manufacturers
Global Leek Powder Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants operating in the global leek powder market identified across the value chain include Woodland Foods, Ltd., Dr. Cowan’s Garden, Naturelka, Jinhua Huayang Co., Ltd., Daxinganling Linggebei Cold Belt Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Shaanxi TOP Pharm Chemical Co., Ltd., Shaanxi Jintai Biological Engineering Co., Ltd and Xiamen Fortop Imp & Exp Co., Ltd.
Key Developments in the Leek Powder Market
In 2018, Dr. Cowan’s Garden launched a new product named Threefold Blend Powder (Spicy). This product provides a good flavor to the food and also has various medicinal properties. With this product launch, the company expanded its product portfolio
In 2017, Woodland Foods partnered along with Agri-Neo in order to implement a new non-thermal sterilization solution. This solution naturally eliminates pathogens and the unwanted microbes from food products.
Opportunities for Participants in the Leek Powder Market
The leek powder market is expected to grow in the coming years, owing to the health benefits of leek powder and growth in awareness regarding these benefits. The existing consumer awareness regarding leek powder serves as an opportunity for participants in the leek powder market. New participants in the leek powder market can study and implement strategies used by the existing market participants in order to produce leek powder.
Brief Approach to Research
The company follows a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the types, forms, ingredients, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.