Infusion Warmer Market: Introduction
Blood products are stored at temperatures between 1°C and 6°C; their transfusion in the human body has the potential to contribute to hypothermia, which may affect the metabolism and can cause an arrhythmia or a cardiac arrest. In order to overcome this problem, the use of blood warmer has become widespread. However, warming of blood products is associated with the risk of hemolysis. Most common consequences in patients transfused with hemolysis blood products are fever, kidney failure, hypotension, and disseminated intravascular coagulation. Indications for warming blood products are defined by the American Association of Blood Banks in their guidelines for the use of blood warming devices.
Fluid warmer is also used for military. In order to improve the treatment of injured soldiers in forward areas, army uses operationally most relevant and best performing fluid warmer available. Hypothermia has also been associated with clotting times and other dysfunctions of the hemostatic process, independent of the development of acidosis after a traumatic injury. In addition, core body temperatures of below 33°C can lead to supraventricular arrhythmias, and temperatures below 28°C increase the risk for ventricular fibrillation. Consequently, core body temperatures of 32°C or less are associated with mortality rates that approach 100%.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Infusion Warmer Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global infusion Warmer Market
Rise in prevalence of blood-related disorders
- Ranging from rare inherited conditions such as hemophilia to common acute events with strong nonhereditary triggers such as venous thromboembolism (VTE), nonmalignant blood disorders comprise a group of diverse conditions that are recognized as important illnesses to be addressed by the public health sector
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hemophilia A affects 1 in 5,000 male births. About 400 babies are born with hemophilia A each year.
- Number of people living with hemophilia in the United States is not known. A CDC study conducted in six states in 1994 estimated that about 17,000 people had hemophilia at that time. Currently, the number of people with hemophilia in the United States is estimated to be about 20,000, based on expected births and deaths since 1994.
Rise in Incidences of Chronic Kidney Diseases
- Although chronic kidney diseases affect all age groups and sexes, it is more prevalent in aged individuals. It is estimated that the worldwide prevalence to be 23%–36% in people aged ≥64.
- It is a worldwide public health problem, and associated with impaired quality of life and substantially reduced life expectancy at all ages. It is also associated with excess risk for cardiovascular diseases and other conditions such as diabetes, infection, and cancer.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global infusion Warmer Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global infusion warmer market during the forecast period. The market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace in the near future, primarily due to structured reimbursement policies, increased prevalence rate of obesity & cardiovascular diseases, developed health care infrastructure, and continuous research activities in developing advanced technologies.
- Infusion warmer market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the growing trend of preventive health care measures
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Infusion Warmer Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global infusion warmer market is highly concentrated due to a strong presence of a few key players. Several manufacturers hold major share of the market in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global infusion warmer market are:
- Geratherm Medical AG
- Keewell Medical Technology
- Smiths Medical
- ARMSTRONG MEDICAL
- Angel Electronic Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Hawk Medical Instrument Co.,Ltd
- Parker Healthcare
- Fairmont Medical Products
Global Infusion Warmer Market: Research Scope
Global Infusion Warmer Market, by Product Type
- Large Area Flat
Global Infusion Warmer Market, by Application
- Intensive Care
- Operation Theater
- Animal Surgery
Global Infusion Warmer Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.