Global Heavy Duty Films market: Overview
Heavy duty films are used for applications which require high strength and resistance to puncture. The antibacterial heavy duty films are used to protect food and beverages from germs and bacterial contamination. The heavy duty film applications require high tensile strength and puncture resistance which allows it to carry heavy products. Shrink films can also be used as heavy duty films which provide high ultra-violet protection to maintain the integrity of the packaging. The global heavy duty films market is estimated to have growth during the forecast period as per the increment in industrial sectors and transportation of goods. However, heavy duty films also provide efficient storage packaging. Heavy duty films include multi-layers for barrier properties required for the specific application. Protection of food is an essential factor, as the demand for the longer shelf life of product is increasing. Fertilizers and other petrochemical materials are filled in the heavy duty films packaging solutions as per their high strength capabilities.
Global Heavy Duty Films market: Dynamics
Heavy duty films are manufactured using film grade material which is produced by high-pressure tubular process. The mechanical & impact resistance are the key features growing the demand for heavy duty films, and finds applications for industrial purposes. Heavy duty films provide barrier properties, and generally, EVOH is used as a core layer for it. Heavy duty films can be used for mulch, wood products, sand & aggregates, fertilizers, decorative stones among various other products. Heavy duty films which are manufactured using low-density polyethylene, are to be stored in temperature below 50?C and protected from UV light for better results. Heavy duty films are preferred by manufacturers looking for durable packaging solutions. The global heavy duty films market is estimated to have growth during the forecast period, due to increased consumption of flexible packaging solutions. The heavy duty bags are used by manufacturers for e-commerce applications and other consumer requirements, boosting the growth of heavy duty films market. The heavy duty films are available with antibacterial agents and some of the films have metallic coatings on them. The manufacturers in heavy duty films market are preferring the high sealing strength in the packaging solutions for better distribution processing. Heavy duty films can handle high-temperature variations and are also capable of maintaining sealing.
Global Heavy Duty Films market: Segmentation
On the basis of Material type, the global heavy duty films market has been segmented as
- Low Density Polyethylene
- High Density Polyethylene
On the basis of application, the global heavy duty films market has been segmented as
- Zipper Bags
- Open Mouth Bags
- Stand-up pouches
- Flat pouches
On the basis of end use, the global heavy duty films market has been segmented as
- Food & Beverages
- Building & Construction
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
Global Heavy Duty Films market: Regional Outlook
According to the Flexible Packaging Association (FPA), In U.S. flexible packaging accounts for 90% of plastic in that packaging films represents 46%. Packaging films are estimated to be used by most of the flexible packaging manufacturers and brand owners, ultimately growing the heavy duty films demand. The North America region is estimated to have growth in the upcoming years as per the growing demand in the flexible packaging industry. The European heavy duty films market is expected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period. According to Plastics Europe, the demand for plastics converter in packaging is 39.9% in 2017 which ultimately expands the packaging films market.
Global Heavy Duty Films market: Key Players
- Innovia Films
- Ajover S.A.S.
- SPR Packaging, LLC
- Com-Pac International
- Syfan Manufacturing Inc.
- Sigma Plastics Group
Global Heavy Duty Films market: Developments
- The manufacturers in heavy duty films market are also preferring merger and acquisitions to improve their financial position. The sigma plastics group acquired PolyPak America, a manufacturer of extruder, printer, converter of heavy duty bags, mailer bags and other packaging.
On the basis of region, global heavy duty films market has been segmented as
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- The Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.