Gradually evolving demand from healthcare industry for medical tapes to drive the tape backing films market
The global tape backing films market is characterized on the basis of plastic films manufacturers supplying films for tape manufacturing. Tape backing films are subjected to advance technological and design compositions implemented in the manufacturing process and material selection. The tape backing film market players supply tape backing films for various types of tapes including water activated tapes (also called gummed paper tape or gummed tape), pressure sensitive tapes (also called self-adhesive tapes), drywall tapes, heat sensitive tapes and other adhesive tapes.
BOPP (Bi-axially oriented polypropylene) films have emerged as a prominent material segment in the global market for tape backing films. The high tensile strength and effective machinability properties of BOPP tape backing films are well utilized for the conversion of adhesive tapes. Various functional and physical properties considered for tape backing films include high gloss, printability, film clarity and machinability. The adhesive tapes offer anchorage under various pressure levels, which is determined by the tape backing films’ performance quality.
Strong growth potential represented by the pressure sensitive tapes demand across the globe is anticipated to pose a positive impact on the global tape backing films market. The tape backing films market players are recognizing lucrative business potential offered by the rapidly evolving medical tapes demand among other application type segments of global tape backing films market. The US$ 4.3 Billion valued market of masking tape has a large and stable demand for tape backing films across the globe.
The tape backing films market is open to the threats posed by the implementation of strict regulations against the production and consumption of single use plastic films. Paper based gummed or water activated tapes are rapidly emerging in the global demand for industrial purpose tapes, and thus negatively impacting the market for tape backing films. Majority of the thin plastic films produced globally goes under landfills, and thus the collection of tape backing films is difficult for the recycling and decomposition. Thus, the manufacturing industry in the developed economies are gradually shifting to the paper based tapes from plastic tapes, restraining the tape backing films market.
Global Tape Backing Films Market Segmentation
The global tape backing films market can be segmented in the basis of material as
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyester (PET)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC)
The global tape backing films market can be segmented in the basis of thickness as
- Up to 20 micron
- 20 to 30 micron
- 30 to 50 micron
- Above 50 micron
The global tape backing films market can be segmented in the basis of type of tapes as
- Double-sided tape
- Duct tape
- Packaging tape
- Electrical tape
- Masking tape
- Decorative tape
- Security tape
- Medical tape
The global tape backing films market can be segmented in the basis of type of end-user industry as
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Building and Construction
- Electronics & Electricals
- Shipping & Logistics
Global Tape Backing Films Market Regional Outlook
The manufacturing sector and healthcare sector of Western European countries, specifically Germany and U.K. have witnessed sluggish growth over the last few years, impacting the growth in demand for tape backing films. On the other hand, the manufacturing industry of Eastern Europe countries, specifically Poland, is evolving at a significant pace, creating a lucrative market for the tape backing films market. China is the world’s largest plastic resin manufacturer with a relatively unorganized manufacturing industry. Thus, China is not only one of the prominent tape backing films market in the world, but also a prominent exporter.
Global Tape Backing Films Market Key Players
Some of the key players in the global tape backing films market are
- 3M Company
- Cosmo Films Ltd.
- Dupont Industrial Films
- Winpak Ltd.
- Berry Global Inc.
- The Klockner Pentaplast Group
- Inteplast Group Corporation
- Bemis Associates Inc.
- Tekni-Plex Inc.
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Uflex Ltd.
- Irplast S.P.A.
The tape backing films market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The tape backing films market report provides in depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The tape backing films market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis of tape backing films market includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Tape backing films market report highlights:
- A detailed overview of parent market of tape backing films market
- Changing market dynamics in the tape backing films industry
- In depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.