The sanding sheet is a rough and wear resistant abrasive for grinding, finishing, and polishing operations. The sanding sheet is coated type abrasive, which is bonded with mineral grains to a substrate made up of paper, cloth or film. The common applications of sanding sheets are metal rust and stain removal, cutting, finishing and lapping operations in building and construction, fabrication and other industrial applications. The sanding sheets can be used manually for general purposes such as light finishing and surface treatment. The building and construction industry is attributed to be a prominent user of sanding sheets owing to a wide area of applications such as painting, carpentering, and others. The quality of sanding sheets is standardized by various authorities or government administrations and recognized by trade and manufacturer organizations related to the abrasive industry. The machine grade disc and roll are expected to decrease the market share of the sanding sheet in the coated abrasive market.
United States and China Are Expected to Be Prominent Marketplace for Sanding Sheet
In the global abrasives market, coated type abrasives segment accounted for about 35% in term of market value in 2017. India and China are attributed to drive the Asia Pacific sanding sheets market growth owing to evolving building and construction industry. The United States is expected to be a prominent sanding sheets market followed by China. Saint-Gobain Abrasives and 3M Company are anticipated to be two of the leading key players in the global abrasives market. According to the World Bank, the global industry value added (including construction) accounted for 25.3% of total GDP in 2016 and is estimated to witness steady growth for the next five years. This steady growth of the global construction industry is anticipated to act as a driver in the growth of the sanding sheets market. China, Germany, and India are the top three countries with highest Industry value added (including construction), where China accounts for around 25% of global in 2017.
Global Sanding sheets market: Segmentation
The global sanding sheets market is segmented on the basis of grit sizes, mineral type, backing material, application, and end-user industry.
On the basis of grit number, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
- 12 - 50
- 60 - 180
- 220 - 400
- 400 - 600
On the basis of mineral type, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
- Aluminum Oxide
- Silicon Carbide
- Aluminum Silicate
On the basis of backing material, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
On the basis of application, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
- Drywall & Plaster
- Metal & Rust
- Primer, Sealers, and Coatings
On the basis of end-user industry, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
- Building and Construction
- Fabrication Industry
Global Sanding sheets market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global sanding paper market are as follows:
- Mirka USA Inc.
- VSM Abrasives Corp
- Grindwell Company
- Standard Abrasives, Inc.
- Precision Abrasives Corporation
- Mirka USA Inc.
- Saint-Gobain Abrasives, Inc.
- The 3M Company
- Klingspor Abrasives, Inc.
- Marvel Abrasive Products, Inc.
- Napoleon Abrasives S.P.A.
Recent developments in the global sanding sheets market:
- In January 2019, Saint-Gobain inaugurated three well-equipped manufacturing facilities for abrasive products to fulfill the growing demand of the glass markets – both domestic and international
- In December 2018, BAXT introduced CARBONite abrasive material developed specially for the sanding of composite materials such as carbon fiber, glass reinforced plastic, and fiberglass reinforced plastic
- In October 2018, the 3M Company launched an advanced abrasive, 3M Super Flexible Sanding Sheets, which are developed form 3M gripping material and designed to provide convenience to the users
- In July 2018, Anderman Ceramics Ltd. and Carborundum Universal Ltd. initiated new research and development activity to develop abrasives in the superalloy and investment casting industries.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.