The sanding sheet is a rough and wear resistant abrasive for grinding, finishing, and polishing operations. The sanding sheet is coated type abrasive, which is bonded with mineral grains to a substrate made up of paper, cloth or film. The common applications of sanding sheets are metal rust and stain removal, cutting, finishing and lapping operations in building and construction, fabrication and other industrial applications. The sanding sheets can be used manually for general purposes such as light finishing and surface treatment. The building and construction industry is attributed to be a prominent user of sanding sheets owing to a wide area of applications such as painting, carpentering, and others. The quality of sanding sheets is standardized by various authorities or government administrations and recognized by trade and manufacturer organizations related to the abrasive industry. The machine grade disc and roll are expected to decrease the market share of the sanding sheet in the coated abrasive market.
United States and China Are Expected to Be Prominent Marketplace for Sanding Sheet
In the global abrasives market, coated type abrasives segment accounted for about 35% in term of market value in 2017. India and China are attributed to drive the Asia Pacific sanding sheets market growth owing to evolving building and construction industry. The United States is expected to be a prominent sanding sheets market followed by China. Saint-Gobain Abrasives and 3M Company are anticipated to be two of the leading key players in the global abrasives market. According to the World Bank, the global industry value added (including construction) accounted for 25.3% of total GDP in 2016 and is estimated to witness steady growth for the next five years. This steady growth of the global construction industry is anticipated to act as a driver in the growth of the sanding sheets market. China, Germany, and India are the top three countries with highest Industry value added (including construction), where China accounts for around 25% of global in 2017.
Global Sanding sheets market: Segmentation
The global sanding sheets market is segmented on the basis of grit sizes, mineral type, backing material, application, and end-user industry.
On the basis of grit number, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
- 12 - 50
- 60 - 180
- 220 - 400
- 400 - 600
On the basis of mineral type, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
- Aluminum Oxide
- Silicon Carbide
- Aluminum Silicate
On the basis of backing material, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
On the basis of application, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
- Drywall & Plaster
- Metal & Rust
- Primer, Sealers, and Coatings
On the basis of end-user industry, the global sanding sheets market is segmented into:
- Building and Construction
- Fabrication Industry
Global Sanding sheets market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global sanding paper market are as follows:
- Mirka USA Inc.
- VSM Abrasives Corp
- Grindwell Company
- Standard Abrasives, Inc.
- Precision Abrasives Corporation
- Mirka USA Inc.
- Saint-Gobain Abrasives, Inc.
- The 3M Company
- Klingspor Abrasives, Inc.
- Marvel Abrasive Products, Inc.
- Napoleon Abrasives S.P.A.
Recent developments in the global sanding sheets market:
- In January 2019, Saint-Gobain inaugurated three well-equipped manufacturing facilities for abrasive products to fulfill the growing demand of the glass markets – both domestic and international
- In December 2018, BAXT introduced CARBONite abrasive material developed specially for the sanding of composite materials such as carbon fiber, glass reinforced plastic, and fiberglass reinforced plastic
- In October 2018, the 3M Company launched an advanced abrasive, 3M Super Flexible Sanding Sheets, which are developed form 3M gripping material and designed to provide convenience to the users
- In July 2018, Anderman Ceramics Ltd. and Carborundum Universal Ltd. initiated new research and development activity to develop abrasives in the superalloy and investment casting industries.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.