Glass Medicine Bottles Market: An Overview
Medicines have always been preferred to be packed in sterile glass bottles because they are unreactive to the elements inside them. This makes sure that the formulation stays in its original chemical formulation and doesn’t ruin due to reaction or change in temperature inside glass bottles. Medicine glass bottles are extensively used as dropper or spray bottles. The growth of pharmaceutical and health care industry is expected to boost glass medicine bottles during the forecast period.
Medicine glass bottles are made of borosilicate glass which is different from normal glass. Borosilicate glass is made from silicon dioxide, which is found in sand. Boron oxide and other compounds are also added to borosilicate glass to make it more stable and unreactive. Borosilicate glass is resistant to any external elements and temperature which makes it an ideal substance for storing sensitive compounds like medicines. Medicines usually degrade in the presence of oxygen and hence need good closure properties, for which they require serum stoppers of the same bottle mouth dimensions. Features like high-barriers, tamper-evident and multi-layered glass are expected to uplift the glass medicine bottles market.
Glass Medicine Bottles Market: Dynamics
Glass medicine bottles are highly chemically inert and they could retain their chemical properties and shape, even at a temperature as high as 500° Celsius and as low as 0° Celsius. Most pharmaceutical companies are developing medicines to curb COVID-19 and it requires high quantities of glass bottles for storage of the inoculation which will lead to an increase in demand for medicine glass bottles in the market.
The market is on an upswing as many government bodies are also contributing towards the manufacturing of medicine glass bottles during pandemic situations. Several pharmaceutical companies have already placed huge orders for medicine glass bottles, as they are discovering the antibody medicinal formula for COVID-19 after many successful clinical trials. The medicine glass bottles market holds a lucrative opportunity for new players to enter the arcade. The market competitiveness and capital intensiveness are projected to be enormous in the coming years. It is anticipated to attract huge investments from different countries.
However, there are many stringent laws and regulations with medicine glass bottles’ regarding the quality of glass used for the bottle, its dimensions and bottle cap or stoppers makings. Medicine glass bottles also require labelling and tagging to keep them updated and categorized which is also an extensive process that could dawdle the market for glass medicine bottles.
Glass Medicine Bottles Market: Segmentation
Glass medicine bottles are segmented on the basis of glass, bottle and region.
On the basis of glass, glass medicine bottles are segmented as:
- Type I glass (Borosilicate glass / Neutral glass)
- Type II glass (soda-lime-silica glass/ treated soda-lime glass/ De alkalized soda lime glass)
- Type III glass (Regular soda lime glass)
- Type IV glass (Type NP glass/General-purpose soda lime glass)
On the basis of bottle, glass medicine bottles are segmented as:
- Solid bottles
- Dropper bottles
- Nasal Spray bottles
- Liquid bottles
- Others (oral care)
Glass Medicine Bottles Market: Key Players
Few of the players in glass medicine bottles market are:
- Corning Incorporated
- Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- Gerresheimer AG
- Nipro Corporation
- Stölzle-Oberglas GmbH
- Bormioli Pharma S.r.l
- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
- Schott AG
- Shandong Medicinal Glass Co., Ltd.
- Ardagh Group S.A.
- Arab Pharmaceutical Glass Co.
- Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
- and others
The report glass medicine bottles market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on the plastic and paper packaging market segments and geographies.
Regional Analysis Includes-
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- A detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing glass medicine bottles market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth glass medicine bottles market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the glass medicine bottles market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.