Extra Coarse Salt: Introduction
Extra coarse salt is a crystalline sodium chloride manufactured by solar evaporation of the brine. These salts are also high in calcium, magnesium, and iron in comparison with refined salts. This salt obtained is then processed. This is done by washing the salt with clean brine to strip it off of impurities. The salt is then drained from excess moisture and dried. They are then screened to size and are termed as extra coarse salt.
The extra coarse salt is used in the food especially in the meat industry due to the taste of the minerals the extra coarse salt gives. The extra coarse salt is also used in for water softening and also for ice melting. The usage in industries of the extra coarse salt was more. But nowadays, the use of extra coarse salt in households has become a trend due to the benefits offered by the extra coarse salt in terms of taste and minerals. The size of the extra coarse salt is around 4-6mm and requires higher solubility time.
The companies in the extra coarse salt market are also adding more iodine in the extra coarse salts that are being used in food preparations to provide extra nutrition to the consumers. The packaging of the products is also done innovatively to provide a fresh and make it more appealing to the consumers. Few of the companies in the extra have innovated pour-spout pouches to make the usage of extra coarse salt easy and attractive to consumers.
Himalayan Sea Salt: The new Extra Coarse Salt in the market
The Himalayan Sea Salt has been obtained from ancient sea beds from within the Himalayan mountains that have crystallized way before. This Himalayan sea salt which is believed to be the purest form is available in the size of extra coarse salt. This is now packaged by the companies to attract new consumers in the market. Also, the price is higher for these Himalayan extra coarse salts due to the rarity of these as marketed by the companies. These are not organic but they are Kosher certified.
Extra Coarse Salt: Segmentation
The global extra coarse salt market is segmented on the basis of Type, Application, End use, Packaging and Distribution Channel.
On the basis of type, the global extra coarse salt market has been segmented as –
- Natural Extra Coarse Salt
- Iodized Extra Coarse Salt
On the basis of application, the global extra coarse salt market has been segmented as –
- Food seasoning
- Water softener
- Ice melting
On the basis of end use, the global extra coarse salt market has been segmented as –
- Dairy products
- Meat products
- Dressings and sauces
- Others (Pickles)
- Personal care & cosmetics
- Food service
On the basis of packaging, the global extra coarse salt market has been segmented as –
- Paper bag
- Pour-spout Pouch
- Weather Resistant bag
On the basis of distribution channel, the global extra coarse salt market has been segmented as –
- Direct/ B2B
- Indirect B2C
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Grocery Stores
- Discount Stores
- Online Retailers
Extra Coarse Salt: Key Players
Some of the leading players of global extra coarse salt market include SaltWorks Incorporated, Cargill Incorporated, Morton Salt Incorporated, San Francisco Salt Company, Sullivan Corporation, US Salt LLC, Olsson & Company, Southwest Salt Company LLC.
Extra Coarse Salt: Activities of the participants
- Saltworks Inc., in 2016, had launched a new Salt Portal, to serve B2B customers. The wholesale and bulk customers will be served on this website. It is a mobile-friendly website and the company has been received the best B2B user experience award.
Extra Coarse Salt: Opportunities
The key players in the extra coarse salt market are very less. This gives the new players an opportunity to grow in this market. The trend of using extra coarse salt has increased in households which have pushed the extra coarse salt manufacturers to offer new innovative packaging for retail markets.
Also, the Kosher certification obtained by the manufacturers will promote the retail sales of extra coarse salt. New research and innovations are being carried out by the companies to form a new and better form of extra coarse salt to the consumers especially for salt used in food preparations.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, application, product type, and mount type.
Key Data Points Covered in the Extra Coarse Salt Report:
- An overview of the global nitrite market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the nitrite market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the nitrite market.
- The cost structure of the nitrite and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial nitrite segments, regions, and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The Extra Coarse Salt market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments of Extra Coarse Salt Market
- Market Dynamics of Extra Coarse Salt Market
- Market Size of Extra Coarse Salt Market
- Supply & Demand of Extra Coarse Salt Market
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.