Esophageal Obturator Airway Kits Market: Overview
- In the early 1970s, esophageal obturator airway kits was the only emergency medical technique (EMT)-level option available other than oral airway. The device consists of a facemask with a snap-in protruding member, which is inserted into the esophagus and a distal balloon is inflated with the help of a syringe. The balloon is usually located in the esophagus where it blocks gastric contents from entering the pharynx. However, the protruding tube is rigid and may enter the trachea. Esophageal obturator airway kits are used in cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The kit prevents gastrointestinal inflation and regurgitation, and provides ventilation.
- The global esophageal obturator airway kits market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand for airway management devices, continuous development in esophageal gastric tube airway kits and other consumables, and high adoption of these kits for emergency care in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Pressure Esophageal Obturator Airway Kits Market Report Brochure
Drivers of Global Esophageal Obturator Airway Kits Market
- The global esophageal obturator airway kits market is expected to be driven by easy availability of esophageal obturator airway kits, and increase in the number of suppliers and distributors of airway management devices and kits
- Evolution of esophageal obturator airway kits can be traced back from rigid protruding tubes to second-generation obturator airway devices. These devices are known as esophageal gastric tube airways.
- The esophageal gastric tube airway is characterized by a lumen through the obturating tube, which allows the passage of a small suction tube helping clinician to relieve air from the stomach
- The next or third generation of esophageal obturator airway is Combitube Airway, also known as esophageal tracheal airway or esophageal tracheal double-lumen airway. The device uses oropharyngeal balloon inside the mouth of a facemask, sealing the end of the device, thus allowing ventilation. Moreover, it has two tubes instead of one ensuring proper placement of the device.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Esophageal Obturator Airway Kits Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global esophageal obturator airway kits market during the forecast period. Growth of the esophageal obturator airway kits market in the region can be ascribed to the increase in airway management in anesthetic practice, advancements in safe management of the airway, and rise in awareness about the use of esophageal obturator airway kits.
- The U.S. is likely to hold the maximum share of the North America esophageal obturator airway kits market. This can be attributed to the strengthening distribution channel for of kits and instruments, increase in the use of anesthesia care devices, and growth of the medical device industry.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Esophageal Obturator Airway Kits Market Report
Key Players in Global Market
Major players operating in the global esophageal obturator airway kits market are:
- Ambu A/S.
- Teleflex Medical Europe Ltd.
Global Esophageal Obturator Airway Kits Market: Research Scope
Global Esophageal Obturator Airway Kits Market, by Product Type
Global Esophageal Obturator Airway Kits Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Esophageal Obturator Airway Kits Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.