Emerging E-Commerce Industry Is Anticipated To Boost the Demand for Brown Kraftliners
Growing e-commerce and logistics industry is boosting demand for robust packaging formats to protect products in transits. The popularity of containerboard or corrugated boxes is expected to drive the demand for brown kraftliners. Unbleached or brown kraftliners are used in the production of products for packaging or storing purposes. Brown Kraftliner is a two-ply product in which one ply is made up of 100% unbleached softwood fibers and the base ply is made of a mixture of unbleached softwood fibers and high-quality recycled fibers. As compared to white kraftliners, unbleached or brown kraftliners are estimated to be cost efficient which makes it highly preferred kraftliners for manufacturing of containerboard. Suitability for coating and laminating of brown kraftliners is high as compared to standard paper due to withstanding properties for dry, moist and fatty foodstuff. As compared to white kraftliners, brown kraftliners are not suitable for printing, which limiting the growth of the brown kraftliners market. In the global kraftliners market, brown kraftliners are accounts for about 70% in market volume.
E-Commerce Industry Growth Helps to Boost the Demand for Brown Kraftliners
The global e-commerce market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20% during 2018-2022, reaching US$ 5.8 trillion. Brown kraftliners are highly used for manufacturing of container board. Exponential growth of the e-commerce industry is expected to create a high demand of containerboards made up of brown kraftliners. White kraftliners are expected to witness fast-paced growth as compared to brown kraftliners owing to its great shelf appeal and design and structure.
Intolerance for Plastic Use Is Anticipated to Increase the Adoption of Brown Kraftliners
In developed regions such as Europe and North America, use of plastic in packaging products is shrinking due to intolerance for plastic and end-users shifting towards sustainable packaging. Lightweight and less cost are acted as key factors for picking brown kraftliners than plastic for end-users. Brown kraftliners are easily decomposed and create less emission than plastic. Fluctuating prices of brown kraftliners are restraining the market growth in Europe.
Some of the Recent Developments in Global Brown Kraftliners Market Are as Follows:
- In March 2019, Hinojosa, Spain based packaging company acquired two EFI (Electronics for Imaging) Nozomi C18000 presses to improve production abilities
- In March 2019, Stora Enso is planning to transform its Finland based Oulu paper mill into a packaging board production facility
- Ilim Group launches kraftliner expansion project in Ust-Ilimsk. The company will invest approximately $1bn to install a kraftliner machine and increase pulp production at the site.
China Is Expected to Be Dominating Country for Kraftliners Market Followed by United States
The Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the largest consumer for brown kraftliners owing to rapid urbanization and evolving logistics industry. China, India, and ASEAN countries are expected to witness a rise in the consumption of brown kraftliners due to high production rate and increased exporting of products to foreign regions.
Global Brown Kraftliners Market: Segmentation
Brown kraftliners are used in manufacturing of different types of packaging products for wrapping and coating. Brown kraftliners market is segmented by basis weight and end-user industry.
On the basis of basis weight, the global brown kraftliners market has been segmented into:
- Up to 100 GSM
- 101 GSM to 150 GSM
- 151 GSM to 200 GSM
- 201 GSM to 250 GSM
- More than 251 GSM
On the basis of end use, the global brown kraftliners market has been segmented into:
- Printing Industry
- Food & Beverages
- E-commerce & Retail
- Electrical & Electronics
- Building and construction
- Logistics & Transportation
Global Brown Kraftliners Market: Key Players
Some of key players operating in the global brown kraftliners market are as follows:
- BillerudKorsnas AB,
- DS Smith Plc
- Georgia-Pacific LLC
- Guangzhou KIKA Paper Industry Co., Ltd.
- International Paper Company
- KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation
- Kraft Liner S.A.
- Metsä Board Oyj
- Mondi Group Plc
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd.
- Oji Fibre Solutions (NZ) Ltd.
- Stora Enso Oyj
- Svenska Cellulosa AB SCA
- S. Pulp & Paper, Inc.
- WestRock Company
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.