Benzenesulfonic acid is an organosulfur compound, which is commercially available in white sheet crystals or white waxy solid form. It is highly soluble in water and ethanol; however, it is less soluble in benzene and insoluble in nonpolar solvents such as diethyl ether and carbon disulfide. It is synthesized by sulfonation of benzene using sulfuric acid or by sulfonyl chlorides or by thiophenols. It is extensively used in the pharmaceutical industry as benzenesulfonate salts for the production of drugs. It is also known as besilates or besylates. Furthermore, benzenesulfonic acid and its alkali metal salt is used in the production of phenol and resorcinol. It is used as an acid catalyst during esterification of peptides and amino acids. It is also employed in alkylation and condensation reactions. Furthermore, it is used in solidifying resins.
Benzenesulfonic acid or its derivatives are used as base materials or synthetic intermediates in many industrial applications such as electroplating, pesticides, detergents & surfactants, and dyes & pigments. Benzenesulfonic acid is introduced into dye formulation in order to stabilize it for usage in aqueous dye baths. It also allows the dye to adhere tightly to the fabric in order to improve the wash fastness of silk and wool dyes. Benzenesulfonic acid salts such as sodium salts of long-chain aromatic or aliphatic are used in the detergent industry. Soaps containing benzenesulfonic acid do not form scum in hard water compared to ordinary soaps, which possess carboxylic acid salts. These factors are expected to drive the benzenesulfonic acid market during the forecast period.
Increasing demand for benzenesulfonic acid in dyeing and bleaching applications in textile and electroplating industries is anticipated to be one of the primary factors boosting the market during the forecast period. Benzenesulfonic acid is widely used as an optical brightener in the textile and electroplating industry. Furthermore, consumption of benzenesulfonic acids in pharmaceutical drugs and chemical processes has also been driving the market since the last few years. Being hydrophilic in nature with strong acidic properties, it is also used in detergent and surfactants such as light & heavy-duty liquid and powder laundry detergents, all-purpose cleaners, and industrial cleaners. Due to its extensive usage in various industries, demand for benzosulfonic acid is expected to grow over the forecast period. New product formulation and extensive research and development are anticipated to boost the benzenesulfonic acid market in the near future. Volatility in raw material prices, implementation of stringent government regulations, and lack of manufacturing advancement are hampering the global benzenesulfonic acid market.
In terms of geography, the benzenesulfonic acid market can be segmented into Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe are expected to be dominant regions for benzenesulfonic acid. Countries such as India, China, and Bangladesh are estimated to account for the major share of the benzenesulfonic acid market during the forecast period. This is primarily due to the high consumption of textile products and rising industrialization, which is likely to bolster the demand for benzenesulfonic acid in the next few years. Demand for effective pharmaceutical drugs and usage in chemical process as a catalyst is expected to boost the demand for benzenesulfonic acid in developed countries such as the U.S. and Germany. Thus, the production capacity of benzenesulfonic acid is projected to increase in North America in the next few years. Demand for benzenesulfonic acid in Latin America from electroplating and several chemical process applications are expected to grow at a modest rate over during the forecast period.
Major players operating in the benzenesulfonic acid market are BASF SE, Eastman Chemical Company, Stepan Company, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd, Nanjing Datang Chemical Co. Ltd, and Beijing Hailiyang Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.