Alkalinity Control Chemicals Market: Highlights
- Alkalinity control chemicals are concentrated liquid alkaline products that are used to control corrosion and deposits in boilers. Alkalinity control chemicals are part of a specialized liquid treatment, which provides the basic alkalinity on which successful water treatment depends. It maintains alkalinity within optimum limits, thus providing optimum conditions for hardness control to function.
- Alkalinity control assists in precipitation and blowdown of magnesium salts, keeping silica in suspension. It also neutralizes acid conditions and allows efficiency to be maintained, thus reducing maintenance costs.
Key Driver and Restraint of Alkalinity Control Chemicals Market
- The water feed is treated with various agents and chemicals in order to ensure the suitable working of equipment in industries. This leads to optimized steam generation. The quality of water with respect to alkalinity level differs with respect to the source feed. Furthermore, rise in demand for boilers and other equipment in industrial, commercial, and manufacturing sectors is propelling the demand for alkalinity control chemicals.
- High cost of alkalinity control chemicals and availability of alternative chemicals are key factors anticipated to restrain the alkalinity control chemicals market during the forecast period
Alkalinity Control Chemicals Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global alkalinity control chemicals market can be segmented into cooling systems, boilers, and others
- The boilers segment is projected to account for major share of the global alkalinity control chemicals market by 2027
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, the cooling systems segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period
- The others segment is estimated to expand at a moderate to high pace during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to be a Key Region of Global Alkalinity Control Chemicals Market
- In terms of region, the global alkalinity control chemicals market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In Asia Pacific, China and India are aiming to promote investments in end-use industries. This is expected to boost the alkalinity control chemicals market in these countries.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific held major share of the market in 2018. It was followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is a highly promising region of the market. This trend is projected to continue in the next few years. With economic contraction and saturation in the European and North American markets, demand is shifting to the Asia Pacific region. Manufacturers of alkalinity control chemicals are targeting Asia Pacific, as it is the strongest regional market.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. End-use industries in Mexico have been expanding steadily. The UAE is also exhibiting significant growth opportunities for the alkalinity control chemicals market. This is projected to drive the demand for alkalinity control chemicals in Latin America and Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global alkalinity control chemicals market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Schlumberger Limited
- Wilhelmsen Group Company
- ChemTreat, Inc.
- Canada Colors and Chemicals Limited.
- BASF SE
- ZEEL PRODUCT
- TECO Alkalinity Control
Global Alkalinity Control Chemicals Market: Research Scope
Global Alkalinity Control Chemicals Market, by Product Type
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Sulfamic Acid
- Citric Acid
- Acetic Acid
- Sulfuric Acid
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Caustic Soda
- Caustic Potash
- Hydrated Lime
Global Alkalinity Control Chemicals Market, by Application
- Cooling Systems
Global Alkalinity Control Chemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!