The overall tepid growth scenario in the global defense and aeronautics industry will be offset to some degree by the encouraging performance of the commercial aerospace sector – not just in mature but also growth economies. The global defense and aeronautics industry hasn’t entirely been able to overcome the blow dealt by the 2008 global recession but the next few years could bring with them a change in the status quo. While commercial aircraft production is poised to soar to touch new highs in the 2015, this cannot be said with the same level of confidence for defense aircraft production.
While austerity measures in developed economies are now being lifted, and are leading to increased revenue for the defense and aerospace sector, a significant increase in defense and aeronautics spending is being reported from countries such as India, Russia, China, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Japan, and South Korea. Venturing into adjacent industries is a key strategy being adopted by major companies in the defense and aeronautics sector.
Defense and Aeronautics Market Research Reports
- Active Protection Systems Market (Platform - Naval, Land, and Airborne; System Type - Radar Decoy, Electro-Optics Jammers, Infrared Decoy, Directed Energy, Light Weapon Defense, and Rocket/Missile Based; End User - Defense and Homeland Security) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2017 - 2025
Published Date: 2017-07-13117 Pages
Active Protection System (APS) can shoot down and interrupt different number of threats such as anti-tank missiles and rocket-propelled grenades with accuracy with minimum collateral damage. Active Protection System (APS) can also provide protection from these threats in various mission applications, such as fixed sites, ships and combat vehicles among others.
- Aerospace Data Recorder Market (Components - Cockpit Voice Recorder Market, Flight Data Recorder, Quick Access Recorder, and Data Loggers; Application - Commercial and Defense) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2017 - 2025
Published Date: 2017-07-11146 Pages
The aerospace industry across the globe has been experiencing rapid escalation in air traffic in the past few years. In order to meet the rising air traffic, the airline operator are ordering for more aircrafts, integrated with latest technologies. This trend is expected to grow the market for aerospace data recorder market in the current scenario. The aerospace data recorder are the electronic devices used to record or collect any electronic signals sent to the aircraft as well as the conversation between the pilots’ and the on board crews and air traffic controller.
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Security Market (Type - Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear; Function - Protection Equipment, Detection Equipment, Decontamination Equipment and Simulation Systems) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2017 - 2025
Published Date: 2017-07-04296 Pages
Chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) security is principally responsible for effective combat against CBRN weapons for mass destruction from various external or internal anti national organizations. CBRN incidents can occur accidentally, intentionally, or naturally. Accidental CBRN incidents are the events caused by human error or technological errors, such as factory spillage, accidental release or leakage of poisonous gas or liquids.
- Man-portable Anti-armor Weapons Market (Type - Anti-aircraft Missiles, Rocket Propelled Grenades, Anti-tank Rifles, and Recoilless Rifles; Technology - Guided Weapons and Unguided Weapons) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2017 - 2025
Published Date: 2017-06-12122 Pages
The rapid escalation in the defense budgets across the globe and the need to strengthen the respective armed forces, the defense forces are investing huge amounts in the research and development of latest and robust ammunitions and weaponries. This factor has led the defense contractors to innovate and develop new lightweight, guided and unguided, man-portable anti-armor weapons as well as upgrade the existing weapons.
- Military Exoskeleton Market (Type - Full body exoskeleton and Partial Body Exoskeleton; Power - Active Exoskeleton and Passive Exoskeleton) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2017 - 2025
Published Date: 2017-05-31118 Pages
Military exoskeleton is robotic-like suit which provides powered assist and increase the strength of the soldiers during combat. There are several factors driving the demand for these exoskeletons globally. The increasing concern for security and safety from growing criminal activities and cross border terrorism has resulted into the need for soldier safety during warfare. A military exoskeleton suite empowers the soldier to lift heavy weights, run at faster speeds and defend themselves from enemy attacks.
- Rockets and Missiles Market (Product - Rockets and Missiles; Rocket - Artillery Rockets and Air to Ground Rockets; Missiles - Surface to Air Missiles, Cruise Missiles, Anti-Ship Missiles, Anti-Tank Missiles, and Anti-Submarine Missiles) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2017 - 2025
Published Date: 2017-05-16142 Pages
The rockets and missiles are used to destroy the enemy aircrafts, helicopters, incoming missiles or rockets, tanks, ships, submarine, armored vehicles, and artilleries among others. Rockets are unguided, self-propelled munitions, powered by jet engines or rocket motors while the missiles are guided, self-propelled weapons which are used for surface to air combat, air to surface combat, air to air combat. The growing year on year defense budget in the developing countries is a major trend for the rockets and missiles market to surge.
- Smart Bullets Market (Product Types - Guided Smart Bullet and Self-guided Smart Bullet; End User - Airborne, Land, and Naval) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2017 - 2025
Published Date: 2017-05-11116 Pages
A smart bullet not only follows the route of the target but also sends data, changes its speed, and turns according to it. Smart bullets exhibit various features such as better lethality with aim point range. They are also effective against moving targets. Increase in the demand of smart bullets in several developing countries such as India, China, Brazil and Argentina among others is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Military Biometrics Market (Type - Fingerprint Recognition, Facial Recognition, and Iris Recognition) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2017 - 2025
Published Date: 2017-04-19104 Pages
Biometric systems are becoming increasingly popular in wearable devices such as smart watches, eye glasses and fitness bands. These devices are equipped biometric identification capabilities such as heart rate sensors and blood pressure monitors. Furthermore, the wearable devices are also used for authentication purposes. Similarly, the biometrics applications are also gaining popularity in defense sector.
- C4ISR Market (Application - Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Computer, Tactical Communication, Electronic Warfare, and Command and Control; End User - Airborne, Land, and Naval) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2017 - 2025
Published Date: 2017-03-21117 Pages
C4ISR systems provide command, control and communications for the air force to offer benefits in improving protection to the military forces, improve situational awareness capabilities and allow users to quickly analyze the environment in a combat situation. In addition, C4ISR systems provide finding, fixing, tracking, targeting, engaging and assessing (F2T2EA) for the navy to offer improve situational awareness capabilities.
- Non-lethal Biochemical Weapons Market (Operation -Defensive, Offensive, and Genetic Attack; Product - Directed Energy and Direct Contact; End Use - Military Forces and Law Enforcement Agencies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Published Date: 2017-03-02139 Pages
Interest of military forces and law enforcement agencies in non-lethal biochemical weapons has witnessed tremendous development in the recent past as progress in technology in science has appeared to provide the assurance of innovative non-lethal weapons, used in a wide variety of militarily and politically threatening situations. These weapons, also known as less than lethal biochemical weapons, intend to be less probable for killing living targets than traditional firearms or knives.
- Military Personal Protective Equipment Market (Product - Body Armor (IBA), Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV), Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH), Pelvic Protection Systems (PPS), Life Safety Jacket, and Military Combat Eye Protection (MCEP); Application - Army, Air Force, and Navy) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Published Date: 2017-02-15126 Pages
Military personal protective equipment has become a crucial and standard element of soldier equipment. One of the major factor driving the market is the increasing role of ground troops in different parts of the world such as Iraq, Afghanistan and India among others. The demand for military personal protective equipment is anticipated to be driven by modernization initiatives undertaken by several large defense spenders globally and various internal security threats, such as organized crime and terrorism among others.
- Advanced Combat Helmet Market (Application - Military and Defense and Law Enforcement Agencies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Published Date: 2017-02-08121 Pages
The rapid escalation of global warfare, terrorist’s activities, cross border insurgencies and internal conflicts among others are increasing the need for more ballistic protective equipment. The advanced combat helmet is a modern combat helmet designed to protect soldiers head during any combat operations. The advanced combat helmet protects the soldiers from severe head injuries caused from gun shots, IED explosion, and inflammable liquids.
- Commercial Avionics Systems Market (Systems - Integrated Modular Avionics, Avionics Full Duplex Switched Ethernet, Surveillance Systems, Cockpit Systems, Cabin Systems, Flight Control and Emergency System, Navigation Systems, Electrical Systems, Communication Systems, and Central Maintenance Systems; Aircraft Types - Fixed Wing Aircrafts and Rotary Wing Aircrafts) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Published Date: 2017-01-0288 Pages
The role of commercial avionics systems is continuously growing in the aviation industry. Avionics systems include all the systems incorporated in the aircraft cockpit, such as navigation, surveillance, control, maintenance, monitoring, display, communication, electrical, guidance, and anti-collision systems. The effective operation of these systems collectively, improves the overall performance of the aircraft.
- Military Radar Market (Types - Ground Based, Naval, Airborne, and Space Based) - Global Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Published Date: 2016-12-30105 Pages
This market research study analyzes the military radar market on global basis and provides estimates in terms of revenue (USD million) from 2015 to 2024. It describes the market dynamics affecting the industry and analyzes their impact through the forecast period. Moreover, it highlights the significant opportunities for market growth in the next eight years. The market is segmented on the basis of geography into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (MEA), and Latin America.
- Sports Gun Market (Type - Shotguns, Rifles, and Handguns; Application - Competitive Shooting, Hunting, and Recreation) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Published Date: 2016-12-08120 Pages
A sports gun is defined as a non-lethal or less-lethal rifle, pistol, handgun or shotgun intended for competitive and recreational shooting, recreation, and hunting purposes. These guns are increasing in popularity owing to the surge in participation of emerging and developing economies in global shooting events. The global market is projected to grow in the near future.
- Armored Vehicle Market (Technology - Active Protection System, Inter Operable Communication, Modular Ballistic Armor, Electric Armor, Situational Awareness System, Active Mine Protection, Vehicle Information Integration; Vehicle Type - Light Protected Vehicles, Infantry Fighting Vehicles, Armored Personnel Carriers, Armored Amphibious Vehicles, Main Battle Tanks, Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles; Application - Military, Law Enforcement, Commercial) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Published Date: 2016-08-05115 Pages
Military vehicles require robust capabilities to overcome threats from both internal damages and external sources. The deployment of military troops in extreme environmental scenarios has led to the investments in improving the vehicle competencies in terms of technology. Various rugged systems and devices are constantly being integrated in the military vehicles worldwide specific to different regional applications.
- Commercial Aviation Crew Management System Market, By Type (Software, Hardware and Services) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Published Date: 2016-02-2975 Pages
Commercial aviation crew management system include different operational systems which perform functions such as crew manifest, crew manning, sick, vacation, and absence management, training, special capability and credentials and contract rules management among others.
- Military Vetronics Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Published Date: 2016-01-27124 Pages
Vetronics are the electronics systems integrated in military vehicles for streamlining activities such as communications, navigation, surveillance and vehicle health management among others. The global market for military vetronics is primarily driven by escalating need for real time data to improve battlespace awareness of soldiers and mission specific operational efficiency of the military vehicles.
- Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2015-12-11125 Pages
Small arms and Light Weapons (SALW) refers to two different classes of weapons. Small arms refer to the kind of weapons designed solely for individual use whereas, light weapons includes arms designed to be used by a crew of two or three persons. The global Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) market has been categorized on the basis of types, application and geography.
- Ammunition Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2021
Published Date: 2015-10-19131 Pages
Procuring and developing enhanced weaponry and ammunition has become highly competitive these days. Considered as a way to ensure the security of a nation from foreign forces, arms and ammunition currently form a big part of any country’s annual spending. Rising concerns in the form of unfavorable geopolitical disputes and threats from terrorists are also significantly leading to the increased demand for a variety of weapons and ammunition on the global front.
- Cyber Weapon Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2021
Published Date: 2015-09-0277 Pages
Cyberspace has emerged as the new domain for warfare. Any information technology (IT) based system connected to the Internet is vulnerable to cyber-attacks. Cyber weapons are advanced cyber warfare tools that are powered with weaponized zero-day exploits or vulnerabilities in software primarily aimed for launching an effective cyber-attack on enemy networks.
- Directed Energy Weapons Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2015-08-20100 Pages
Directed energy weapons (DEW) emits highly focused energy towards a target object or individual in order to damage or disable it. These weapon systems can be either lethal or non-lethal based on their application areas. A DEW system can be deployed in all three formats: land based, naval, and airborne.
- Non-Lethal Weapons Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2021
Published Date: 2015-08-05141 Pages
Non-lethal weapons also known as “less than lethal” weapons are witnessing a growth in demand by law enforcement agencies and military organizations worldwide. The market for non-lethal weapons market is expected to grow as an essential asymmetric warfare tool over the forecast period globally. Changing warfare tactics from traditional to rebellious protest in urban areas have significantly influenced the growth of the non-lethal weapons market globally
- Homeland Security Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-07-02107 Pages
Homeland security is an umbrella term for safeguarding the nation against any anti-social groups and threats by terrorist organizations. The market is chiefly driven by various government initiatives undertaken to prevent cross border insurgency and increasing terrorist threats around the world. The government initiatives are boosting the market for homeland security products.
- Commercial Aircraft Market (Engine, Parts, and Equipment) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Published Date: 2014-06-1394 Pages
This report covers the market analysis for various parameters including types of aircraft, and the components used in an aircraft with prime focus on the type of jet engine used in the aircraft. The stakeholders for this study include commercial aircraft engine, parts, and equipment manufacturers, and government.
- Man-Portable Military Electronics Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Published Date: 2014-06-05128 Pages
The man-portable military electronics includes all the portable equipments which facilitates and enhances the functional capabilities of military personals in the battlefield. These electronic equipments act as a force multiplier by providing advanced situational awareness and direct link communications to dismounted soldiers. The man-portable military electronics are crucial in achieving speed, agility and responsiveness by combat soldiers in battlefield.
- Air Traffic Control Equipment Market (Commercial aircrafts, Military aircrafts and Private aircrafts) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Published Date: 2014-04-2469 Pages
Air traffic control equipment provides flexible and adaptable operation of aircrafts in order to improve air traffic, safety, efficiency and capacity. Efficient air traffic management will require new traffic management equipment on planes in service and those in production. Replacement of obsolete air traffic control systems is not an easy task because air traffic control is continuous and ongoing activity that cannot be interrupted when any replacement of old equipment takes place.
Displaying (27) Records