Water Resistant Binder Market Introduction
- Binding agent or binder holds materials together to form a cohesive whole chemically or mechanically by adhesion. It can be classified into organic and inorganic binders. Binders have high compressive strength but low tensile strength and shear force as physical properties. Binders hold together pigments and fill materials that form paints and pastels. Binders are used in cooking and building & construction applications.
- Classes of binder includes acrylic, styrene, styrene acrylic, butadiene, vinyl acrylic, acrylic-epoxy, acrylic urethane hybrid, and aromatic & aliphatic urethanes
- Acrylic binders keep pigments of paints in their place after the paint dries. Styrene acrylic binder is a modified acrylic polymer that has water resistance, flexibility, durability, and abrasion resistance properties. It has a high pigment binding power and is suitable for emulsion paints and resin-bound plasters with high weathering stability.
- Waterproofing plays an important role in the building & construction industry. It protects the structure against water. Water resistant binder composition includes calcium sulfate, Portland cement, calcium aluminate cement, and construction chemical products.
Key Drivers of Water Resistant Binder Market
- Increase in demand for building & construction materials and infrastructure materials due to the growth of the population is boosting the production of water resistant binders. Rise in demand for acrylic binders in construction, textile, and infrastructure industries is also driving the water resistant binder market.
- Material coatings and paints play a key role in the infrastructure industry. They provide durability and sustainability to projects. Increase in demand for material coatings and paints is augmenting the global water resistant binder market.
Restraints of Global Water Resistant Binder Market
- Lack of universal directives pertaining to applications of water resistant binders is expected to restrain the market during the forecast period. Volatility in raw material prices, regulations on water resistant binders, and availability of substitutes are also anticipated to hamper the market in the near future.
COVID-19 Impact on Water Resistant Binder Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is hampering the demand for water resistant binders in various applications. Governments of several countries across the globe enforced lockdowns to curb the spread of the coronavirus. These lockdowns resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. This adversely affected the demand for water resistant binders.
- Key players operating in the water resistant binder market are primarily tiered I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many players halted their production output due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for water resistant binders. The industrial shutdown caused by the pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain of these binders. Disruption in the supply of raw materials is projected to hamper the full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Water Resistant Binder Market
- In terms of region, the global water resistant binder market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2020. Asia Pacific is a prominent region for binders due to the significant expansion of the tire & tubes industry in the region. China and India are notable consumers of water resistant binders in Asia Pacific. Rise in usage of polymers, binders, and additives in the production of pharmaceuticals is also boosting the water resistant binder market in Asia Pacific.
- North America and Europe are also key consumers of the water resistant binders. The market in North America and Europe is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, as a water resistant binders are used significantly in several applications.
Competitive Landscape of Global Water Resistant Binder Market
- Major players operating in the global water resistant binder market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations
- The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- BASF SE
- Lubrizol Corporation
- Clariant International Ltd.
- EASTMAN CHEMICAL
- The Dow Chemical Company
- ALBERDINGK BOLEY
Global Water Resistant Binder Market: Research Scope
Global Water Resistant Binder Market, by Product Type
- Acrylic Based
- Vinyl Acetate Based
- Styrene-butadiene Based
- Polyurethane Based
- Epoxy Based
Global Water Resistant Binder Market, by Application
Global Water Resistant Binder Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.