Silicon Tetrafluoride Market: Overview
- Silicon tetrafluoride, also known as tetrafluorosilane, is a colorless, poisonous acid gas that has strong odor. It is produced from aqueous solution of hexafluorosilicic acid.
- Silicon tetrafluoride is widely used to seal water out of oil wells and in the production of silicon and fluosilicic acid, due to its excellent physical properties such as strong odor and colorless nature
- Silicon tetrafluoride is used in various industrial applications; however, it is largely employed as an accelerator material in the silicone rubber industry. Rise in the demand for silicone rubber products worldwide is expected to drive the global silicon tetrafluoride market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers of Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market
- Silicon tetrafluoride (SiF4) is primarily used in the semiconductor industry for ion implantation and, in conjunction with silane, for plasma deposition of fluorinated silica. Sometimes, it is used as a silicon etch rate moderator in plasma etching. This factor is expected to drive the global silicon tetrafluoride market during the forecast period.
- Silicon tetrafluoride is a source of fluorine, due to which it is used in surface treatment of metals, hardening agents, corrosion inhibitors, polishing agents, rust inhibitors, and water repellants
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Chemical Intermediate Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- The chemical intermediate segment is estimated to hold a significant share of the global silicon tetrafluoride market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period, owing to high demand for silicon tetrafluoride in the manufacture of various specialty chemicals. Silicone tetrafluoride is utilized as a raw material to manufacture silicon and fluorosilicic acid, which are used in metal surface treatment and for pH adjustment in industrial textile processing or laundries.
- High-purity silicon tetrafluoride is also employed in the manufacture of optic cable preforms, which are used in the production of optic cables. The constantly increasing demand for optic cables is likely to boost the global demand for optic cable preforms. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the global silicon tetrafluoride market during the forecast period.
Hazardous Effects Associated with Silicon Tetrafluoride to Hamper Market
- The global silicon tetrafluoride market is primarily hampered by the hazardous nature of silicon tetrafluoride. Silicon tetrafluoride is a corrosive chemical and it severely affects the human breathing system. On contact, it can severely irritate and burn the eyes, the skin, the nose, and the throat.
- Silicon tetrafluoride is on the Hazardous Substance List of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), due to its corrosive and reactive nature. Thus, adverse health effects associated with silicon tetrafluoride are likely to restrain the global market during the forecast period.
- Estimating the demand for silicon tetrafluoride is a major challenge, due to economic slowdown in various regions across the globe. North America and Europe have still not recovered completely from the economic crisis. This has negatively affected the demand for silicon tetrafluoride in major end-use industries in these regions.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market
- In terms of geography, the global silicon tetrafluoride can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for a major share of the global market during the forecast period, owing to presence of numerous rubber and chemical companies in the region. China is expected to hold a prominent market share from 2020 to 2030, due to presence of several chemical industries in the country.
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in the production of silicone rubber products in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market:
The global silicon tetrafluoride market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35%–40% of the market share. A few key players operating in the global market are:
- Gruppo SIAD
- Merck KGaA
- Hemlock Semiconductor
- Evonik Industries AG
- Hubei Jingxing, Air Products
- GRINM Electro-optic
- Inner Mongolia Dakang
- Tianjin Maotong
- China Silicon Corporation
Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market: Research Scope
Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market, by Type
- Electronics Grade
- Technical Grade
Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market, by Application
- Chemical Intermediate
- Optic Fiber Perform
- Silicone Rubber
Global Silicon Tetrafluoride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.