Self-reinforced Polyphenylene Market: Overview
- Self-reinforced polyphenylene (SRP) is a type of thermoplastic. It is also known as poly-para-phenylene (PPP) copolymer.
- SRP is one of the strongest and hardest engineering thermoplastics. It is melt-processable. It has exceptional mechanical properties.
- Self-reinforcing polyphenylene is an ultra-performance engineering polymer, containing a backbone of directly linked phenylene units
- SRP possesses various properties such as high stiffness, good chemical resistance, high wear resistance, low shrinkage, resistance to UV and gamma rays, dimensional stability, and exceptional performance at low temperatures
- Self-reinforced polyphenylene (SRP) polymers are amorphous in nature and they have glass transition temperatures (Tg). These temperatures fall within the range of 150°C–180°C, depending on the particular grade and composition. SRP polymers are transparent in their natural state, due to their amorphous nature.
Key Drivers of Global Self-reinforced Polyphenylene Market
- The global self-reinforced polyphenylene market is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period. This growth is attributable to rising demand for high-strength lightweight vehicles in the automotive industry.
- Growing awareness about properties offered by self-reinforced polyphenylene polymers when used in electronics materials, such as high dimensional stability and good conductive characteristics, is likely to be a driving factor for the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market during the forecast period
- Developing economies, such as India and China, are witnessing rise in the demand for automobiles, medical devices, and electronic devices. China is a leading consumer of self-reinforced polyphenylene polymers, due to presence of an established automotive industry in the country.
- Increasing urbanization, rising disposable incomes, and developing infrastructure are key factors propelling the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market
- On the other hand, volatile prices of raw materials, economic slowdown, and stringent government regulations may affect the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Automotive Application Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market can be segmented into automotive, aerospace, electronics/circuit boards, medical devices, bolts & fasteners, and coatings & composites
- Automotive is estimated to be the key application segment of the global market for self-reinforced polyphenylene during the forecast period, followed by the electronics/circuit boards segment. Automotive is one of the major segments of the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market, particularly the market in developing economies.
- Increasing investments in infrastructure, automotive, and other industries in developing economies is expected to fuel the market for self-reinforced polyphenylene in these economies during the forecast period
- Self-reinforcing polyphenylene polymers offer superior mechanical performance and they are appropriate to replace materials such as composites, ceramics, and metals
- SRP polymers are employed to produce aerospace materials with inherent flame resistance, light weight, superior ablation properties, and high compressive strength
- In health care devices, SRP polymers are used to provide strength, chemical resistance, autoclavability, and X-ray transparency
- Semiconductor/electronic materials manufactured by using SRP are resistant to chemicals. They have low moisture absorption, high purity, and dimensional stability.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Significant Share of Global Self-reinforced Polyphenylene Market
- In terms of region, the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a leading share of the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market during the forecast period. Rising demand from various end-use industries is driving the market in the region.
- Rising demand for self-reinforced polyphenylene polymers in the automotive sector in Asia Pacific is driving the market in the region. SRP polymer is widely used to replace metals in automobiles.
- North America is estimated to account for the second-largest share of the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market in the near future, due to presence of key manufacturers and well-established automotive industry in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Prominent players operating in the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market are entering into partnerships, collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions to expand their customer base across the world
Key players operating in the global self-reinforced polyphenylene market are:
- PMC SMART Solutions, LLC
- Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials
Global Self-reinforced Polyphenylene Market: Research Scope
Global Self-reinforced Polyphenylene Market, by Application
- Electronics/Circuit Boards
- Medical Devices
- Bolts & Fasteners
- Coatings & Composites
Global Self-reinforced Polyphenylene Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.