Global Reclosure Tapes Market: An Overview
The market for reclosable packaging is characterized by the presence of numerous medium and large scale manufacturers. Reclosure tapes also known as re-sealable tapes, are used for packaging of food and medicinal applications by limiting their exposure to the external microorganisms / germs thus, keeping this perishable products fresh even after their using / opening. Reclosure tapes are ideal to preserve and extend the aroma, freshness, and color of the packaged content for re-use / later use, thus making the packaging convenient for consumers use.
Global Reclosure Tapes Market: Dynamics
The global market for reclosure tapes is expected to grow on the backdrop of intensifying demand for packaged perishable food and medicinal products. In case of Asia Pacific region, high demand for perishable products in the food and personal care markets is expected to strengthen growth of the reclosure tapes in the region. Also, in terms of growth opportunities, the Middle East reclosure tapes market is expected to be highly lucrative over the forecast period. Hence, keeping this aforementioned factors in mind, the global reclosure tapes market is likely to witness a double-digit growth over the forecast period.
Global Reclosure Tapes Market: Company Developments and Industry Level Trends
Key market participants all across the globe that operate in the reclosable packaging market are focusing on designing innovative patters of reclosure tapes / labels that offer enhanced packaging outlook
Some of the key trends in the global reclosure tapes market are –
- In September 2013, Avery Dennison Label and Packaging Materials launched a product named Select Solutions Reclosure portfolio designed to help package designers and packaged goods companies to meet client requirements for the convenience reclosure products.
Global Reclosure Tapes Market: Segmentation
The global reclosure tapes market is segmented as follows -
On the basis of material type, the global reclosure tapes market is segmented into –
- Plastic Tapes
- Paper Tapes
- Crepe Paper
- Washi Paper
- Kraft Paper
- Flatback Paper
- Other Tapes (Foam, Aluminum Foil, etc.)
On the basis of adhesive type, the global reclosure tapes market is segmented into –
- Silicon-based Adhesives
- Acrylic-based Adhesives
- Rubber-based Adhesives
- Other Adhesives
On the basis of application, the global reclosure tapes market is segmented into –
- Box & Carton Sealing
On the basis of peel strength, the global reclosure tapes market is segmented into –
- Easy Peel Tapes
- Medium Peel Tapes
On the basis of end use industries served, the global reclosure tapes market is segmented into –
- Food & Beverages
- Ready-to-eat Food
- Meat, Poultry, Sea food
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Dairy Products
- Frozen Food
- Beverages & others
- Personal care & Home care
- Industrial & Others
Global Reclosure Tapes Market: Regional Outlook
The global reclosure tapes market is segmented into seven regions, namely, Latin America, North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Middle East and Africa (MEA), Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), and Japan.
The reclosure tapes market in North America is expected to hold the leading position by 2016. This is attributed to affirmative outlooks from both the food & beverage as well as the cosmetics & personal care sectors in the region. The reclosure tapes market in Western Europe is largely expected to witness slow-moving to moderate growth over the next decade. The Latin America region has been trapped in a financial turmoil over the last decade, which has resulted in a manufacturing deadlock. Nevertheless, efforts to rebuild this region across the globe is projected to recover the situation of economic slow-down in the region.
Global Reclosure Tapes Market: Key players
Some of the key participants operating in the global reclosure tapes market are –
- 3M Company
- Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation
- Tesa SE Group
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Berry Global Group Inc.
- PPI Adhesive Products (C.E.) s.r.o.
- Coveris Holdings S.A.
- PPM INDUSTRIES S.P.A.
- Scapa Group plc.
- Advance Tapes International Ltd.
- DowDuPont Inc.
- Korozo Ambalaj Sanayi Ve Ticaret AS
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.