Automotive Pneumatic Tire Market: Introduction
- An automotive pneumatic tire, also called air filled tire, is an air tight rubber component that is filled with pressurized air. A pneumatic tire is usually made of combination of natural and synthetic rubber, various chemicals, and oils.
- Vehicle performance depends on the quality of the tire. The life of conventional or standard pneumatic tires reduces if the vehicle is driven across uneven terrain or excessive braking and speeding. This, on the other hand, drives the replacement of tires, which offers opportunities to aftermarket players.
Key drivers of global automotive pneumatic tire market
- Significant developments in the tire manufacturing industry have led to a considerable reduction in the weight of the tires. Use of low weight synthetic rubbers and reinforced fibers as raw materials is contributing to the reduction in tire weight.
- Shock damping properties of an automotive pneumatic tire enhances vehicle comfort on unknown and uneven terrain
- Alternatives to pneumatic tires, such as airless tires and semi airless tires with compressed polymers, are available in the market; however, automakers warn against using them as they generate significant amount of heat. Therefore, pneumatic tires still dominate the tire market.
- Governments are compelling automakers to increase fuel-efficiency of their vehicles through enactment of stringent rules and legislations. For instance, Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, USA increased fuel efficiency standards of passenger cars, light trucks, and SUVs. It has directed automakers to deliver a combined average of at least 35 miles per gallon by 2020.
- Vehicle regulations and rules to reduce vehicle emission and air pollution are driving the demand for cost-effective components, thereby propelling developments in field of automotive pneumatic tires.
- OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and aftermarket players are competing to offer better tires that offer better traction control while driving. For instance, ContiRT20, a pneumatic tire developed by Continental AG, offers exceptional grip while lifting or transporting of load. Similarly, Bridgestone, a notable tire manufacturing company, offers 8” base tires for use in heavy vehicles.
- All the factors mentioned above are propelling the global automotive pneumatic tire market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Aftermarket segment to offer lucrative opportunities to global automotive pneumatic tire market
- According to International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, the total number of commercial and passenger vehicle produced globally, in 2017, were 95,634,593
- Vehicle mileage and performance is directly affected by the vehicle tire. Therefore, several automakers such as Audi, Nissan, Volvo, and BMW, suggest that a vehicle tire should be replaced in approximately every 6 years.
- Presence of a large number of automobiles globally fuel the need for tire replacement, which in turn hampers fuel economy, and contributes to the prominent share held by the aftermarket in the global automotive pneumatic tire market
Introduction of airless tires to hamper automotive pneumatic tire market
- An airless tire, as the name suggests, does not require air to be filled in the tire. For instance, Michelin and General Motors, in a joint venture, have developed airless wheel technology, called Uptis Prototype, for passenger vehicles, which is expected to be launched in early 2024. This technology is expected to be implemented on a trial basis in Chevrolet’s Bolt EV.
- The threat posed by airless tire is proving to be a challenge for the automotive pneumatic tire market
Asia Pacific to dominate global automotive pneumatic tire market
- Rapid technological advancements, development of road infrastructure, and economic growth are propelling urbanization in countries, such as India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, and South Korea, in Asia Pacific
- This also has led to rising standards of living and an increase in disposable income of the population, prompting them to own vehicles. Rise in sales of automobiles is further driving the global automotive pneumatic tire market in Asia Pacific.
- Furthermore, government legislations such as Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, USA is prompting automakers to enhance fuel-efficiency of their vehicles. This, in turn, drives the need for vehicle components that boost vehicle performance.
- The need for increasing fuel-efficiency of vehicles is boosting the demand for pneumatic tires that enhance vehicle economy by consuming less fuel
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Pneumatic Tire Market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global automotive pneumatic tire market:
The global automotive pneumatic tire market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive pneumatic tire market are:
- United States Rubber Company
- JK TYRE & INDUSTRIES LTD
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
- Pirelli & C. S.p.A.
- Continental AG
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Schwalbe Tires North America, Inc.
- Hankook Tire & Technology Co.,Ltd.
- Nokian Tyres plc.
- THE YOKOHAMA RUBBER CO., LTD.
- Apollo Tyres
- Toyo Tire Corporation
- Dunlop Tires
- Bridgestone Corporation
Global Automotive Pneumatic Tire Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Pneumatic Tire Market, by type of Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Pneumatic Tire Market, by Rim Size
Global Automotive Pneumatic Tire Market, by Tire Type
Global Automotive Pneumatic Tire Market, by Sales Channel
- OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers)
Global Automotive Pneumatic Tire Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.