Automotive Thermal Management System: Introduction
- The automotive thermal management system is used for diverse applications including engine cooling, battery thermal system, and heated and ventilated seats in the vehicle. The automotive thermal management helps reduce the thermal load on the vehicle, and it also helps to transfer heat efficiently.
- In electric vehicles, the demand for the thermal system is rising in order to cool the battery. Available heat energy can be used efficiently in electric vehicles in order to achieve longer driving range of these vehicles. This can be achieved by using the battery or power electronics to heat the interior of the vehicle.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market
- Rise in demand for vehicles across the globe is estimated to boost the automotive thermal management system market. Major vehicle manufacturers are trying to boost the integration of the waste heat recovery system in their vehicles, which is expected to help enhance fuel economy of their vehicles. This, in turn, is likely to boost the automotive thermal management system market across the globe. Major original equipment manufacturers are trying to develop thermoelectric waste heat recovery systems that would increase fuel economy of the vehicle by 3% to 4%, which is projected to drive the global automotive thermal management system market.
- Increase in environmental concerns is fueling the demand for thermoelectric generator in the vehicle, which is expected to help enhance engine efficiency. This in turn is projected to boost the automotive thermal management system market across the globe. Rise in demand for electric vehicles worldwide is expected to further propel the global automotive thermal management system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive thermal management system Market
- Europe is projected to account for a major share of the global automotive thermal management system market due stringent rules and regulations regarding vehicle emission norms enacted across the region. Increase in demand for electric vehicles and driver comfort in the vehicle, including heated and ventilated seats and heated steering, is likely to boost the automotive thermal management system market in the region. Europe has presence of major original equipment manufacturers as well as tier-1 suppliers, including Robert Bosch GmbH, Denso Corporation and Continental AG who have major facilities that undertake research and development regarding the engine cooling system and battery thermal system, is anticipated to fuel the automotive thermal management system market in Europe.
- Followed by Europe, Asia Pacific is projected to hold a significant share of the global automotive thermal management system market due to an increase in sale of vehicles across the region. Presence of major automotive parts manufacturing industries across China, India, and Japan is anticipated to propel the automotive thermal management system market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market
The global automotive thermal management system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive thermal management system market are:
- MAHLE GmbH
- Hanon System
- Aptiv Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Denso Corporation
- Delphi Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Thermal Management System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market, by Component
- Air Filter
- Water Pump
- Heat Exchanger
- Electric Compressor
- Others (e.g. Heater Control Unit)
Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market, by System
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
- Engine Thermal Mass Reduction
- Active Transmission Warm Up
- Other(e.g. Reduced HVAC System Loading)
Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market, by Application
- Engine Cooling
- Air Conditioning System
- Heated and ventilated Seats
- Transmission System
- Electric Vehicle Battery Thermal System
- Others (e.g. Heated Steering)
Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market, by Propulsion
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Thermal Management System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.