Electric Vehicle Motor Market: Introduction
- Rise in trend towards electric vehicles among consumers across the globe is the prominent factor boosting the global electric vehicle motor market. According to Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), over 500 different electric vehicle models are likely to be available globally by 2022.
- Automakers are pushing their EV launch plans in order to comply with increasingly stringent regulations in Europe and China, which is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunity for the players engaged in manufacturing of electric motors in the global electric vehicle motor market.
Key Drivers of Electric Vehicle Motor Market
- Stringent emission regulations enacted by several regulatory authorities across the globe are expected to propel the electric motor vehicle market, globally. Several governments have enacted stringent emission regulations in order to curb climate change and reduce air pollution across the globe. These are compelling automakers to produce alternate propulsion system for their vehicles, thereby increasing the production of electric vehicles. For instance, the enactment of the BS-VI emission norms in India is compelling automakers to discontinue their diesel-powered models. In India, Maruti Suzuki has announced that it would cease sales of diesel cars post April 2020.
- Technological advancements, in terms of electric vehicles, are anticipated to propel the global electric vehicle motor market. Major players are anticipated to increase investments toward R&D of advanced vehicle systems such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), connected vehicle technology, vehicle battery technology, and fast charging technology. The coronavirus pandemic outbreak has resulted in a 25% decline in demand for EVs during the first quarter of year 2020, as compared to EV sales in 2019; however, according to a report published by Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), electric vehicles are expected to contribute to around 10% of global passenger vehicle sales by 2025, which is estimated to increase to 28% in 2030 and 58% in 2040.
- Additionally, major strategies adopted by automakers such as investments & expansions, contracts & agreements, and new product launches, mergers & acquisitions have emerged as a key strategy among key players, as companies look to strengthen their service offerings in terms of electric vehicles and expand geographic market reach by offering their products.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America and Europe cumulatively to account for prominent share of global electric vehicle motor market
- In terms of region, the global electric vehicle motor market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America and Europe have presence of economically stable countries. These regions are also home to technologically advanced research institutes catering to the development of electric vehicles. Additionally, major players have established their technological centers and manufacturing facilities in various countries including the U.S., Germany, the U.K., and France
- Several new players emerging from these regions are focused on the development of electric vehicle technologies and increase of efficiency of electric motors in order to increase the cruising range of electric vehicles. All the factors mentioned above contributed to the major share held by these regions in the global electric vehicle motor market.
Key Players Operating in Electric Vehicle Motor Market
The global electric vehicle motor market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global electric vehicle motor market are:
- Allied Motion Technologies
- BMW Motor Company
- Daimler AG
- Johnson Electric
- Lincoln Electric
- Nidec Motor
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Rockwell Automation
- Siemens AG
- Tesla Inc.
- Volkswagen Group
- ZF Friedrichshafen
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Electric Vehicle Motor Market, Request for a Sample
Global Electric Vehicle Motor Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Vehicle Motor Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Electric Vehicle Motor Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Electric Vehicle Motor Market, by Motor Type
- Brushless DC Motor
- DC Series Motor
- Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM)
- Switched Reluctance Motors (SRM)
- Three Phase AC Induction Motors
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.