Global PET Sealing Films Market: Overview
Similar to all the barrier properties and tensile strength, the quality of the packaging also lies in its sealing properties. PET sealing films are used to protect packaging formats from leakage and to keep products intact. When it comes to the transportation & storage of products, the packaging material for the same requires high tensile strength as well as sealing strength. The PET sealing films market is estimated to witness significant growth during the forecast period, as protective packaging solutions are in high demand.
PET sealing films can also be applied to trays, cups, bowls, and other containers to maintain the freshness of the food. PET sealing films are used for various applications, which include coffee packaging, cheese & dairy products, refillable packaging, cereals, pet food, soft drinks, and cosmetics, among others. Increasing demand for the transportation of products to different places is estimated to boost the demand for PET sealing films. These films are applied to reduce the storage space, as well as to eliminate the waste generated due to other lids or tray covers.
Global PET Sealing Films Market: Dynamics
A single roll of PET sealing film is able to seal thousands of cups and containers, which can drastically reduce the overall packaging cost. A crucial factor that can impact the market growth of any product is cost, and PET sealing films offer a higher profit margin as compared to lids or covers.
However, a ban on the usage plastic, which has been imposed by the governments of different countries, is expected to hamper the growth of the PET sealing films market. The usage of plastic-based product leads to a high carbon footprint, which is restraining the growth of the PET sealing films market. PET sealing films are used to improve the quality and appearance of the packaging formats. Manufacturers are seeking packaging solutions that stand out on retail shelves, thus, transparent packaging solutions are proving to be very effective. PET sealing films are mainly heat-sealable, owing to which they are used as lids on different types of containers. PET sealing films are also used as release liners to seal products such as trays, boxes, and other containers. The PET sealing films market is estimated to witness noticeable growth in the upcoming years, as the demand for safe and secure packaging is also increasing across the globe. The different types of sealing methods are likely to vary from products to products as well as the type of package to be sealed.
Global PET Sealing Films Market: Segmentation
On the basis of thickness type, the global pet sealing films market has been segmented as:
- Less than 15 microns
- 15-36 microns
- 36-50 microns
- Above 50 microns
On the basis of product type, the global pet sealing films market has been segmented as:
Some of the key players in the global PET sealing films market include the 3M Company, Covinil S.A., Polifilm GmbH, Bemis Company Inc., Plastic Suppliers Inc., Berry Global Group, and Jindal Films Ltd., among others.
Global PET Sealing Films Market: Key Developments
- Manufacturers in the PET sealing films market are providing PET sealing films with high printability, which is suitable for the branding & marketing of particular products. Borealis AG is offering a variety of products in heat seal grades
- Jindal Films Europe offers the Metallyte metallized barrier and sealant film technologies at Fachpack to provide improved seal integrity
Global PET Sealing Films Market: Regional Outlook
According to the Flexible Packaging Association, in the U.S., flexible packaging accounts for 90% of plastics, in which packaging films represents 46% of the total market. Packaging films are estimated to be used by most of the manufacturers of flexible packaging as well as brand owners, which is boosting the demand for PET sealing films. The North American PET sealing films market is estimated to witness significant growth during the forecast period. According to Plastics Europe, in 2017, the demand for plastic converters in packaging was 39.9%, which is expected to ultimately boost the PET sealing films market.
On the basis of region, global PET sealing films market has been segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- East Asia (Japan, China, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.