Neonatal Transilluminators Market: Introduction
Transilluminator helps to locate tiny veins in a neonate’s small limbs for improved insertion of an IV for emergency aspiration of a suspected pneumothorax possible diagnosed after transillumination. The skin barrier begins to function in utero; at 24 weeks’ gestation, the skin appears red, wrinkled, shiny, and transparent. The associated stratum corneum (SC) is only one or two cell layers thick, and dermal elastic fibers are sparse in distribution.
In addition, integrity of the dermal - epidermal junction is poorly developed. Each of these factors contribute to abnormal skin physiology. Babies with neonatal jaundice are far more likely to develop hyperbilirubinemia that can lead to neurological damage or even premature death. Rapid technological innovations are predicted to favor companies investing in user-friendly control panel phototherapy devices and blue spectrum radiation sources. The light shows cool effects and are strong enough to illuminate the hardest to find veins without the risk of burning the baby. Transilluminator is a light source that transmits light through tissues to aid in the examination of patients. It is used to find veins, arteries, and other internal structures. This innovative vein finder features LED light is cool to the touch for patient safety. It has multiple light settings for user preference, including forward facing white lights, upward facing white lights, and upward facing red lights. It has compact size and ergonomic design for easy use.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Neonatal Transilluminators Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Neonatal Transilluminators Market
Rise in Prevalence of Neonatal Hospital-acquired Infections and Awareness about Neonatal Health & Care Equipment
- Hospital-acquired (nosocomial) infection is a primary problem for premature infants and for term infants with medical disorders requiring prolonged hospitalization
- Healthy, term neonates have infection rates < 1%. For neonates in special care nurseries, the incidence increases as birth weight decreases.
- Most common nosocomial infections are central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI) and hospital-acquired pneumonia
Technological Advancements in Neonatal Infant Care Devices
- Chances of survival for preterm infants increased with the development of infant incubator. Further, preterm infants were able to survive by the use of a mechanical ventilator specifically designed for neonates.
- The technology in neonatology is in the continuous process of development. Preterm infants are now protected by a double-walled servo-controlled incubator, and more sophisticated mechanical ventilators are used with built-in algorithms guaranteeing that even the smallest tidal volumes can be delivered in a safe manner.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Neonatal Transilluminators Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global neonatal transilluminators market during the forecast period. It can be attributed to the increasing demand for technologically advanced devices, development of well-equipped neonatal intensive care units, rising number of preterm births, and surge in the number of device approvals from regulatory agencies.
- Neonatal transilluminators market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the growing trend of preventive health care measures
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Neonatal Transilluminators Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global neonatal transilluminators market is highly concentrated due to a strong presence of a few key players. Several manufacturers hold major share of the market in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global neonatal transilluminators market are:
- GE Healthcare
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- AVI Healthcare
- nice Neotech Medical
- Stihler Electronic
Global Neonatal Transilluminators Market: Research Scope
Global Neonatal Transilluminators Market, by Product
- Hand Held
Global Neonatal Transilluminators Market, by End-user
Global Neonatal Transilluminators Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.