Nasal Splints Market- Introduction
- Nasal splints are devices or equipment used to prevent the movement of nasal bones from their location after any reconstructive surgery or rhinoplasty to conserve the shape of the nose
- Nasal splint consists of two separate pieces of plastic held in a place with a stitch inside the nose. Although nasal splints are primarily used to provide long-term results, they may cause temporary discomfort or difficulty in breathing through the nose. However, these issues are resolved after splints and stitches are removed, usually a week after the surgery.
- Nasal splints are also used to avoid other adverse side effects of the surgery such as nose bleeding and inflammation within nostrils
- Nasal splints can cause physical discomfort and can become coated or loose
Key Drivers of Global Nasal Splints Market
Demand for Quality Post-Surgical Care and Aesthetics
- Nasal splints prevent the development of hematomas by keeping a distance between nose skin and its bones, which leaves no room for the formation of clots of blood, a condition also known as hematomas. This enables improved breathing after the surgery by loosening the nasal cavities and opening the airway.
- Nasal splints essentially control bleeding, minimize swelling, reduce pain, and are temporary and can be removed
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Nasal Splints Market Report from this Brochure
Technological and Cosmetic Advancements
- The global nasal splints market is driven by technological and cosmetic advancements, which is encouraging rhinoplasty procedures across the globe. This is resulting in increased number of people opting for such procedures. Thus, there is a rise in demand for nasal splints.
Increase in Demand for Minimally Invasive Surgeries
The expansion of the nasal splints market can be attributed to the increase in demand for minimally invasive procedures. This includes the use of removable nasal splints. Invasive surgeries are painful and often have critical impacts on the patient. Owing to scientific advancements, minimally invasive surgeries have increased. Use of removable splints cause less discomfort, thus resulting in the rise in demand for nasal splints.
Intranasal Splints Segment to Lead Global Nasal Splints Market
- In terms of mechanism type, the intranasal splints segment is expected to lead the nasal splints market. High availability and adoption rate of these nasal splints has contributed for the growth of the intranasal splints segment. However, the extra nasal splints segment is expected to grow at a higher rate in the near future.
North America to Dominate Global Nasal Splints Market
- North America accounts for the majority of the share of the global nasal splints market due to advancements in health care facilities and surgical equipment. The growth of the nasal splints market in North America can be attributed to high demand for rhinoplasty due to a general trend among people for increasing beauty and aesthetic appearance.
- Europe holds the second largest share of the global nasal splints market, owing to rise in awareness about disease-causing nasal deformities and increase in cosmetic surgeries
- Asia Pacific is expected to contribute significantly to the incremental growth of the nasal splints market in the near future due to rise in nose injuries due to accidents leading to nasal deformities.
- As per the US FDA, nasal splints are categorized as Class I medical devices exempted from premarket notification. However, nasal splint manufacturers must register their establishment and list the generic category or classification name.
Biodegradable Nasal Splints
- Nasal splints made from biodegradable materials are gaining popularity, as they do not need surgical removal after implantation. Biodegradable materials include plant-based and bio-reabsorbable materials. They help in controlling the bleeding after surgery or nasal trauma, which eliminates the requirement for nasal packing removal and aid in natural healing. For instance, Smith & Nephew has developed a dissolvable nasal splint ‘Nasastent’ composed of plant-based caboxymethyl cellulose, which helps in supporting soft nasal tissues and provide pressure to prevent bleeding.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Nasal Splints Market Report
Key Players operating in Global Market
- The global nasal splints market is concentrated with only a few key players accounting for a significant share of the market. The demand for nasal splints has increased in both emerging and developed markets. Market players are also appointing third-party distributors to expand their presence in the market. This has resulted in a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Boston Medical Products
- Innovia Medical, LLC
- Olympus Corporation
- Smith & Nephew
- Network Medical Products
- Summit Medical Group
- Surgiform Technologies LLC
- Mentor Worldwide LLC
- DTR Medical
Global Nasal Splints Market- Research Scope
- The global nasal splints market can be segmented on the basis of mechanism type, product type, material, application, and region
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Mechanism Type
- Intranasal Splints
- Extra Nasal Splints
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Product Type
- Malleable Nasal Splints
- Airway Nasal Splints
- Bivalve Nasal Splints
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Material
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Application
- Plastic Surgery
- Rhinological Operations
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.