Nasal Splints Market- Introduction
- Nasal splints are devices or equipment used to prevent the movement of nasal bones from their location after any reconstructive surgery or rhinoplasty to conserve the shape of the nose
- Nasal splint consists of two separate pieces of plastic held in a place with a stitch inside the nose. Although nasal splints are primarily used to provide long-term results, they may cause temporary discomfort or difficulty in breathing through the nose. However, these issues are resolved after splints and stitches are removed, usually a week after the surgery.
- Nasal splints are also used to avoid other adverse side effects of the surgery such as nose bleeding and inflammation within nostrils
- Nasal splints can cause physical discomfort and can become coated or loose
Key Drivers of Global Nasal Splints Market
Demand for Quality Post-Surgical Care and Aesthetics
- Nasal splints prevent the development of hematomas by keeping a distance between nose skin and its bones, which leaves no room for the formation of clots of blood, a condition also known as hematomas. This enables improved breathing after the surgery by loosening the nasal cavities and opening the airway.
- Nasal splints essentially control bleeding, minimize swelling, reduce pain, and are temporary and can be removed
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Nasal Splints Market Report from this Brochure
Technological and Cosmetic Advancements
- The global nasal splints market is driven by technological and cosmetic advancements, which is encouraging rhinoplasty procedures across the globe. This is resulting in increased number of people opting for such procedures. Thus, there is a rise in demand for nasal splints.
Increase in Demand for Minimally Invasive Surgeries
The expansion of the nasal splints market can be attributed to the increase in demand for minimally invasive procedures. This includes the use of removable nasal splints. Invasive surgeries are painful and often have critical impacts on the patient. Owing to scientific advancements, minimally invasive surgeries have increased. Use of removable splints cause less discomfort, thus resulting in the rise in demand for nasal splints.
Intranasal Splints Segment to Lead Global Nasal Splints Market
- In terms of mechanism type, the intranasal splints segment is expected to lead the nasal splints market. High availability and adoption rate of these nasal splints has contributed for the growth of the intranasal splints segment. However, the extra nasal splints segment is expected to grow at a higher rate in the near future.
North America to Dominate Global Nasal Splints Market
- North America accounts for the majority of the share of the global nasal splints market due to advancements in health care facilities and surgical equipment. The growth of the nasal splints market in North America can be attributed to high demand for rhinoplasty due to a general trend among people for increasing beauty and aesthetic appearance.
- Europe holds the second largest share of the global nasal splints market, owing to rise in awareness about disease-causing nasal deformities and increase in cosmetic surgeries
- Asia Pacific is expected to contribute significantly to the incremental growth of the nasal splints market in the near future due to rise in nose injuries due to accidents leading to nasal deformities.
- As per the US FDA, nasal splints are categorized as Class I medical devices exempted from premarket notification. However, nasal splint manufacturers must register their establishment and list the generic category or classification name.
Biodegradable Nasal Splints
- Nasal splints made from biodegradable materials are gaining popularity, as they do not need surgical removal after implantation. Biodegradable materials include plant-based and bio-reabsorbable materials. They help in controlling the bleeding after surgery or nasal trauma, which eliminates the requirement for nasal packing removal and aid in natural healing. For instance, Smith & Nephew has developed a dissolvable nasal splint ‘Nasastent’ composed of plant-based caboxymethyl cellulose, which helps in supporting soft nasal tissues and provide pressure to prevent bleeding.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Nasal Splints Market Report
Key Players operating in Global Market
- The global nasal splints market is concentrated with only a few key players accounting for a significant share of the market. The demand for nasal splints has increased in both emerging and developed markets. Market players are also appointing third-party distributors to expand their presence in the market. This has resulted in a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Boston Medical Products
- Innovia Medical, LLC
- Olympus Corporation
- Smith & Nephew
- Network Medical Products
- Summit Medical Group
- Surgiform Technologies LLC
- Mentor Worldwide LLC
- DTR Medical
Global Nasal Splints Market- Research Scope
- The global nasal splints market can be segmented on the basis of mechanism type, product type, material, application, and region
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Mechanism Type
- Intranasal Splints
- Extra Nasal Splints
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Product Type
- Malleable Nasal Splints
- Airway Nasal Splints
- Bivalve Nasal Splints
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Material
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Application
- Plastic Surgery
- Rhinological Operations
Global Nasal Splints Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.